Found out why my truck didnt have headlights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found out why my truck didnt have headlights

back i think in may? or june i lost the low beams on my aftermarket headlights(truck stock has sealed, whoever i got the truck from installed a 9007 kit) i never had high beam. so i ran to a parts store and put two stock low beams in and been using that. finally got some free time today to work on my truck a bit, the upper passenger headlight had a stripped adjuster(the plastic part) so i used a license plate plastic insert to fix it and figured id see why i didnt have headlights, after check every wire and connector i got to the relays and saw alot of corrosion on the terminals, so i cleaned it up and no dice. so i look and saw i could take the cover off the relay, take the cover off and the relay is basically a ball of rust on the inside so hopefully tomorrow the parts store has the relay i need. i really want these lights back, they have 3x the output over the stockers and i havent seen the highbeam yet
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Man I am so glad you found that out. Now I will be able to sleep tonight.
    Blazer

Comment

i had headlights, i bout some stocker low beams but man there is a big difference, now i gotta find out where to get two relays cuz levines and advance both didnt have it and the part number dont cross
      2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Working...
      X