Changed up the exhaust

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changed up the exhaust

My Rustmaster cat- back lived up to its name. It looked like it was going to pop off if I hit a bump. It was that badly rusted. I decided to go with a stainless steel Magnaflow set up that I picked up brand new from ebay. Cost me $330 shipped. Magnaflow wanted $580 and I'm not even sure if that included shipping.

I have to say, this is exactly what I was looking for from the get go. I can barely hear it from the cabin and it's extremely smooth and deep sounding outside. The Flowmaster was much, much louder. This is a nice, quiet exhaust. I needed something stainless steel too, otherwise it wouldn't survive NY's winters for too long. I'd imagine it's all in my head, but the car feels like it picked up some power. Overall, I'd say it was a good investment...not that I had a choice
    Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
    SOLD- Kinda miss it
    94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
    SOLD- Good riddance!
    2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

i have the 3" magnaflow on my Solstice gxp, with that turbo, i picked up power, and for a 2.0L..it does not sound ricey... sounds throaty. good choice

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

guessing u had a 80 series? i had that on my 83 and LOST power with it. i ended up going with a dynomax. where did u find it on ebay? i want to get a magnaflow for my cav but they want 800!
      2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

yeah, some models of the flowmasters (slowmasters) are notorious for not flowing very well- so it may not all be in your head

Stainless steel for the win!
        2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
        "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

Amazing I got mine for $311 Shipped Where you get yours from? I got mine from planetmagnaflow
          1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Comment

With my LM2, Its all Stainless. I love it. A little to quiet for my personal pref. but I love that insane loud exhaust. I might just end up gettting a cut out or get the LMI resonator.
            Eddie
            2000 M6 Trans Am
            Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
              With my LM2, Its all Stainless. I love it. A little to quiet for my personal pref. but I love that insane loud exhaust. I might just end up gettting a cut out or get the LMI resonator.
              Or you can just get the resonator from the LM1 which is quite a bit louder. It's a quick replace option. I had both the bullet muffler from the LM2 and the resonator from the LM1.

I had bought the muffler from the LM2 because my wife and I were taking a trip with the T/A up to Cape Cod and she didn't want to listen to the LM1 the whole way (can't really blame her).
              SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
              SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
              17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
              Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by Steel2686
                Or you can just get the resonator from the LM1 which is quite a bit louder. It's a quick replace option. I had both the bullet muffler from the LM2 and the resonator from the LM1.

I had bought the muffler from the LM2 because my wife and I were taking a trip with the T/A up to Cape Cod and she didn't want to listen to the LM1 the whole way (can't really blame her).

if its too loud, your too ol....... D&R

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

I got mine for $330 shipped from an Ebay store. It seems to pull hard all througout the RPM range now whereas it used to feel like it lost its oomph at 3500RPM. It definitely has more power now. No question about it.

The only problem is that it smells like something is burning when I'm sitting still. He welded everything and it smells like the metal did when he was welding it. What could that be?
                  Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
                  SOLD- Kinda miss it
                  SOLD- Good riddance!
                  2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Originally posted by Nightrage

The only problem is that it smells like something is burning when I'm sitting still. He welded everything and it smells like the metal did when he was welding it. What could that be?
                    chemical protectants are used to coat the metal in order to prevent corrosion. It takes a few cycles to burn them off, then the smell will go away.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightrage
                      I got mine for $330 shipped from an Ebay store. It seems to pull hard all througout the RPM range now whereas it used to feel like it lost its oomph at 3500RPM. It definitely has more power now. No question about it.

It will go away its coating. Mine did it gets Little Louder once it burns off.

Originally posted by ConElite
                      Loudmouth sounds like crap on Lt1s Raspy and pops all it does.

GMMG sounds best but its $750

Here Video On GMMG http://videos.camaroz28.com/video/1a...e601078a25.htm
                      1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Comment

This is gonna get me in trouble

It flew right up to 100 last night :-D Can't wait to do a TB bypass, gears, tune and headers (not in that order). SHould be like a new car.
                        SOLD- Kinda miss it
                        SOLD- Good riddance!

Comment

poor roof!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5fyIbJNRJ8

Comment

Working...
                          X