Another f-body rides off in the sunset

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another f-body rides off in the sunset

Well....... "sniff, sniff".... another F-body rides off in the sunset. As friend of mine has been eyeballing the 93Z28 for several years, he convinced me to sell it to him. It's a bittersweet situation. The car needed headgaskets and I really wasn't in the mood to do them right now, there are too many performances that I'm doing as of late and I can't afford to abuse the hands. As soon as I go to fire it up and move it so the guy can put it on the trailer, there's no fuel pressure. The pump died. DOH! Lucky I had one on the shelf as a backup. So.... cut another access hatch and swapped pumps. The car fired right up, we quickly loaded the car on the trailer and in a few minutes she was gone. I get a call about an hour later, the car won't start and he can't get it off the trailer. There's fuel pressure, but the starter won't engage. So there's the bittersweet relationship...... sad to see her go as until the headgasket blew, she was rock solid reliable. In a way, glad that the latest glitches will be taken care of my another new f-body owner.

oh yeah, I kept the bolt ons as well as put the original salad shooters back on. She's back to bone stock and basically I got my dough back out of her after keeping the bolt ons plus the wheels and tires. It was a great cheap thrills car that performed admirably.

just a couple of last pics.....

That last one kinda gets me. That T/A saved my life.

daaaahm!!!

time for a Solstice gxp

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
      daaaahm!!!

time for a Solstice gxp
      Sky. Or perhaps there's a Bumblebee in the future.

Now I have to do the nasty deed of pulling the T/A out of the garage and make that officially go away, once I strip it of course.

Comment

At least this one went in one piece with you in good health.
        97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Well the day will come when i sell mine. For Ls1 M6
          1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Comment

It's tough seeing them go, but in the end, it's usually for the best.

You'll end up with a better ride soon.
            SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
            17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
            Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

like I say what is an ending yet but another beginning .. The 93 will be missed but you also get to look forward to a "bumblebee" The 93 was a good friend and deserves to be treated as such. Be glad it found a nice home!
              Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
              Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
              pics and info

Comment

Working...
              X