i just pulled the trigger

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i just pulled the trigger

I just pulled the trigger,Ive bin talking about it for a long time and I finnaly had enough,so I had to use my credit card,i just ordered some pro 5.0 3:90 gears,speed cal,royal purple gear oil,and a motive bearing kit,hopefully this wakes up my 4.6,I got 390's cuz everone was arguing that 410's are better and 373's are better so i got these cuz there in the middle
    2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

What gear ratio do you have now?

Should give you a nice little gain. When I read " I just pulled the trigger" i was thinking you either dumped your chick or asked her to marry you.
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
      What gear ratio do you have now?

Should give you a nice little gain. When I read " I just pulled the trigger" i was thinking you either dumped your chick or asked her to marry you.
      3:27,pretty big jump to 3:90's
      2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

Comment

its not as big a jump as you think. i had 3:42's in my m6 Comp TA and went to 4:10's, best thing that ever happend to that car... we put 3:73's in the Firehawk cause it was an auto with 3:23's from the factory..woke it up nicely too.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
          its not as big a jump as you think. i had 3:42's in my m6 Comp TA and went to 4:10's, best thing that ever happend to that car... we put 3:73's in the Firehawk cause it was an auto with 3:23's from the factory..woke it up nicely too.
          I really wanted 410's but i was worried about mpg and driveablity,and i didnt want to get 373's and not notice a difference,so i chose 3:90's,hopefully it wakes the car up,

Comment

When I get a DD im going to run 4.10.
            Eddie
            2000 M6 Trans Am
            Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

thats what i would have got if i had a 6spd,i heard 4:10's can shave as much as a .5 in the 1/4

Comment

Originally posted by DHolmes
                thats what i would have got if i had a 6spd,i heard 4:10's can shave as much as a .5 in the 1/4
                From 3.23 to 4.10 yeah maybe. I have 3.42 so to go to 4.10 and a good launch, I would maybe tip the 12's over.
                Eddie
                2000 M6 Trans Am
                Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

I went form 3.23's to 4.11's in my '95.
                  It was a factory A4, I swapped the 6-Speed in, and not too long after threw in the Strange 12-Bolt with 4.11's. it was a HUGE jump.

I have 3.90's in the '00 I like them.
                  '95 T/A Conv., Green, Tan Top
                  '00 T/A Silver
                  '86 Chevy RCSB 4WD (LS1 to go in)

Comment

Originally posted by strkt_&_blwn
                    I went form 3.23's to 4.11's in my '95.
                    It was a factory A4, I swapped the 6-Speed in, and not too long after threw in the Strange 12-Bolt with 4.11's. it was a HUGE jump.

I have 3.90's in the '00 I like them.
                    Oh well yeah if you swap out the Rear, with those gears and a 6 speed you can do some major dumps!
                    Eddie
                    2000 M6 Trans Am
                    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by DHolmes
                      I really wanted 410's but i was worried about mpg and driveablity,and i didnt want to get 373's and not notice a difference,so i chose 3:90's,hopefully it wakes the car up,
                      You dont have to worry about 4.10's and gas milage, you have a 5 spd.

I went from factory 2:73 to 3:73 on my TA when I had it. It was a day and night difference.
                      Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Oh well yeah if you swap out the Rear, with those gears and a 6 speed you can do some major dumps!

it;s had it's share of abuse, that's for sure.
                        '95 T/A Conv., Green, Tan Top
                        '00 T/A Silver
                        '86 Chevy RCSB 4WD (LS1 to go in)

Comment

This nice Link for checking Gears RPMs.

http://www.f-body.org/gears/

4.10 Are 1900 RPM at 71 mph in 6th of course.

3.73 are 1700 RPM at 70 mph 3.73 are nice DD f-body

Stock 3.42 1600 RPM at 71 mph.
                          1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Comment

Originally posted by 96FirebirdFormula
                            This nice Link for checking Gears RPMs.

http://www.f-body.org/gears/

4.10 Are 1900 RPM at 71 mph in 6th of course.

3.73 are 1700 RPM at 70 mph 3.73 are nice DD f-body

Stock 3.42 1600 RPM at 71 mph.
                            I wished that I went with 3.73 instead of 4.10s

I like my gear change in the city, but not on the highway. The car was by far more comfortable cruising at 80mph on the open highway with the stock gears. Since I live in Colorado out in BFE, I spend far more time on the highway. I can't get my average over 21mpg on mostly highway driving were I never got below 25mpg before. l don't think the 5th/6th shared gear on the T56 particularly appreciates the gears either. After I had the gear change, I developed a pretty bad vibration in the tranny. After pulling it apart, the builder saw the 5th/6th gear was loose on the main shaft probably caused by a lot of hot driving in the Rocky Mountains. I had this changed out, but you can feel the abuse on the gear when driving it at higher speeds especially in the mountains.
                            '77 K5 rock-crawler project
                            '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
                            '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
                            '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
                            '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                            My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                            Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                            X