New best ET tonight?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New best ET tonight?

After not getting to the track all summer I am going tonight. The car had some issues but is running better than ever now. It feels strong and I am hoping to do better than the 13.7 from two years ago. Since I ran that the car has gotten a new clutch, complete tune up, and a PCM tuned. It is running stronger than it has in the 5 years I've had it. I am looking for a 13.5 - 13.6. Will post the results when I get them.
    96 Trans Am WS6 M6, K&N Filter, BBK Headers, Spec Stage II clutch, 180 Thermostat, MadZ28 tune... Best 1/4 13.76@103.7

Should do 13.5's with a good launch of 2.09 or better I would say.
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

So much for that. 14.3 @ 99 was the best it would do. I thought the tune up would bring it back to it's glory of only 2 years ago. Apparently that wasn't it. Back then the slowest runs still hit 101mph. Maybe the engine is just worn out with 115k miles.
      96 Trans Am WS6 M6, K&N Filter, BBK Headers, Spec Stage II clutch, 180 Thermostat, MadZ28 tune... Best 1/4 13.76@103.7

Comment

What were your 60' and 1/8 times?
        Eddie
        2000 M6 Trans Am
        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

60' was 2.29 and 1/8 was 9.37 @ 78
          I know 60 can get better.
          The car just doesn't run the way it used to.
          The 1/8 is .4 and 5mph off the best
          The 1/4 is .6 and 4mph off the best
          It was never below 101mph before, now it can't get to 100.

What I need to figure out: is the engine worn out, loss of compression
          or is it something easier like clogged cats or bad O2 sensors?
          If it is the engine it will probably not get much from me untill I rebuild or replace it years from now. At least it is still fun to drive and looks pretty good.

Comment

With an M6 either you were slipping off the line or you bogged. You need to practice your launches. I have pulled 2 flats on street tires and on Slicks.

It takes a lot of practice to launch right with an M6.
            Eddie
            2000 M6 Trans Am
            Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Working...
            X