oil fields

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil fields

I have a chance to work at the local oil fields,im tired wrking with the famly,the pays good,and they dont care about your criminal record,Mine wont be clean for 1 year,but everone tells me how dangerous it is,is this true,i dont want to lose a hand out there,can any one give some honest answers,they pay 20+@ hour to prison convicts,
    2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

As someone who grew up in west Texas in the mid 80s I can say that yes it is a dangerous job.

You could lose a limb. You could lose an eye.
    Broken bones and dislocated digits were what I remember seeing.
    Chances are if you work for a company that is safety aware like most are these days and you do what you're told you won't have a problem.

I had many friends whose dads and brothers were roughnecks.
    They worked their a$$es off; days, nights, weekends, holidays, rain, shine, snow etc. and earned EVERY penny they made.

But oh did they make some cash...
    My DD
    2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

these days and you do what you're told you won't have a problem.

this company seems like they have a oil spill everweek,and from what ive read they have outdated equipment,but no one can shut them down,I live in a oil town,and they controll everthing,

But if u want to go to school they pay for it,401k,benifits,they seem to really take care of there employee's
      2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

Comment

be smart, use your head and watch for others. best i can say. if you want a decent job and dont mind it, go become a trash man, nothing like gettin paid to work out every day
        2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

lots of my friends wrk at the dump.make good money ,but ur record has to be clean

Comment

Originally posted by DHolmes
            lots of my friends wrk at the dump.make good money ,but ur record has to be clean
            really? thats weird, dont matter over here for the most part, just gotta pass DOT regs if ur a driver
            2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

i finely applyed for the job,i cant stand working with my mom anymore,so hopefully everthing go's well,im real worried though cause they make u take a real crazy physical,and they take back x ray's,i have a slight curve in my spine,doesnt bother me,but ive been warned about it when i was playing highschool football many times,what do u guys think will this hold me back from the job????????????/im so worried,i really need this job

Comment

Originally posted by DHolmes
                i finely applyed for the job,i cant stand working with my mom anymore,so hopefully everthing go's well,im real worried though cause they make u take a real crazy physical,and they take back x ray's,i have a slight curve in my spine,doesnt bother me,but ive been warned about it when i was playing highschool football many times,what do u guys think will this hold me back from the job????????????/im so worried,i really need this job
                If they think it could become a liability.. and you get hurt on the job and get a good lawyer, knowing that they hired you with an existing "potential problem"... it might prevent you from getting the job.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
                  If they think it could become a liability.. and you get hurt on the job and get a good lawyer, knowing that they hired you with an existing "potential problem"... it might prevent you from getting the job.
                  thats what im worried about,ive been losing sleep over this

Comment

Your grammar on the job application might prevent you from getting a job. As much as I sound like a **** I'm not trying to be one.

Edited: you know better!

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Joshu
                      Your grammar on the job application might prevent you from getting a job. As much as I sound like a **** I'm not trying to be one.
                      give me a break,im typing real fast at work.My grammer/spelling was checked a bunch of times on my app by me and my GF

Comment

I doubt he would not take the time to fill out the App. Correctly.
                        Eddie
                        2000 M6 Trans Am
                        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Edited: you know better!
                          Ahhh I do! My bad

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Ahhh I do! My bad
                            Eddie
                            2000 M6 Trans Am
                            Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Most of the time, if a job pays well, there is a reson- It might be hot, dirty, loud, and/or dangerous. Maybe the work is so bad that the employer has a high turnover rate for the employees, so they bump the $ up to keep people around-

I worked one summer on a garbage truck, and it was a great work-out. Really built up my arms and back for when I went back to school- and it was dirty, and smelly- you had a route to get done, and you could take your time, and make it last all day, or go like heck and spend a couple hours relaxing at the landfill after emptying the truck- your choice-

Another dangerous job that can pay well, but requires travel away is a commercial fishing job- kind of hit-or-miss, make a great catch and have lots of money, have a bad trip and barely break even.

You're probably not going to get a good wage for just sitting around reading unless you are highly trained or educated, and you get paid for your knowledge or expertise in a field-
                              2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
                              "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

Working...
                              X