What a day ....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a day ....

So I accepted a new job in the office and started work in Midlothian, VA on September 2. I drove down with my TA from Toronto and with all the little breaks in between it took me about 11 hours to do the trip.

The car ran well but the sound of the open Borla started to get annoying after a while. Should have installed the McCord Powerplate before I left. It also made pretty good mileage, I was surprised.

This morning I stayed late in bed and when I got up the breakfast bar at the hotel was already empty. Off to IHop I went for some breakfast. It was pouring like crazy thanks to Hanna and when I got back in the car, all the lights go on but no crank. Security light is on.

So I knew it had something to do with the key fob thingy but there I am in the rain not knowing anybody. So I found a local dealers number and they sent a tow truck. Spent like 4 hours at the dealers and 500 bucks later they got it going. They replaced the lock cylinder and I got new keys. At first they came back after they changed it and said it still would not run but eventually they found a wire not connected.
    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Same thing happened to me in april. One of the wires snapped and something else was f'ed with it. 500 dollar PITA

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Working...
    X