the vett is in the wolf den

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the vett is in the wolf den

damn. was at the dealership from 10:15 a.m. to 5:20pm today... the N.VA dealer did not want to give up the vett on a trade... negotiations began.... and lingered... I even had to pull some names out of the hats and make some phone calls to GM.... of course that pissed the N.VA dealer with the vett off... then the roll back broke down on the way up there... they had to get another... fun day.......

but she's home.

just washed it in the pics. sitting the garage now with a coat of zaino z5pro/zfx on it... interior got done already with zaino leather preserve....been busting my butt since i got home...

God do I love this car.. driving home...i felt like I was on a high of some type.. a cloud... omg.........

supposed to be a crummy weekend this weekend.. so I guess ill be spending sat. and sunday in the garage (after the gym or course) and get this jewl ready to rock and roll on the first sunny day..... gonna coat her up with multi layers of zaino... all the rubber gets treated, underhood treatment......

ordered the cover for the roof panel when i was at the dealer, cant believe that car does not come with it...

my wife loves it... sat in for 30 min after i got home..fiddling with stuff.......LOL...

didnt do bad as i though on the Solstice gxp either.. dealer went nuts on its condition... all in all......i made out pretty dern good, considering.... far as im concerned... i got a vett way cheaper than i could have ever gotten one before....

anyway.. stopped in for a short..back to the garage..then the owners manual... this thing has a ton of electronic goodies..LOL

these will be the "before" pics..

wait till the "after" ones... :turbonaug

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Freakin sweet. Good luck with it and have fun!
    Welcome back to the LSX world!

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

You don't know what you are missing until you get one. Every day I get in mine it puts a gigantic smile on my face that doesn't go away. It just wraps around you and becomes part of you like nothing else. Like an extension of your own body. I hope everyone here can some day get one. Enjoy. This one may stick around a little longer.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
        God do I love this car.. driving home...i felt like I was on a high of some type.. a cloud... omg.........
        I can relate.......

You're making me miss mine. I remember taking mine though the Blue Ridge Parkway, top down with all the leaves changing colors. All the while, the car handled like a dream.

Comment

Congrats wolfie. Now you have to join CF. That way you will know where to get the best performance floor mats.

96 TA Sold!
          87 TA Sold!
          80 Z28 Sold!
          74 Formula Sold!
          73 Z28 Sold!
          69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

Very nice Ken. Lots of envy here.

Was in Orlando for a couple days on business. Hertz had several new vette's on the lot as a rental. In Richmond I saw two of them at their lot.

One of these days I rent one just to be able to drive one.
            97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Congrats

This has been a long time coming for you and Mary. I'm sure she's exited as much as you are I'm curious, what options does it have (suspension option?) ?. As usual, I bet your happy as a pig in mud. Mods I bet will be a shorter shifter, and new airbox/K&N filter.

And don't forget to practice the Corvette Wave .
              Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
              Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
              pics and info

Comment

Congrats, Ken.

You deserve it.
                SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by Mirroredshades
                  Congrats wolfie. Now you have to join CF. That way you will know where to get the best performance floor mats.

I did. I tried it for a few weeks. I hardly ever go back there now. It got so bad a group of locals formed their own Corvette group and website. This is the only forum I frequent. You guys are the best.
                  2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

Ken you need to update your signature.

Comment

Originally posted by Steel2686
                      Congrats, Ken.

You deserve it.
                      +1
                      Can't wait to see her all zainoed out...
                      Greg W. in West Michigan
                      1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                      1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                      1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                      1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                      1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                      <Motor out

Comment

Looks Awesome Ken....

What options does it have on it? It looks like a base LT1 with no Z51 package from what I can see. I am looking at one in NY and trying to possibly trade the GTO... We'll see...
                        2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
                        1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
                        2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
                        2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
                        2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Originally posted by Gary94Formula
                          Looks Awesome Ken....

What options does it have on it? It looks like a base LT1 with no Z51 package from what I can see. I am looking at one in NY and trying to possibly trade the GTO... We'll see...
                          How can you tell it doesn't have the Z51 from the picture?
                          edit, nevermind. No cross drilled rotors. They weren't doing that in the C5 and I forgot.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_in_Atl
                            Ken you need to update your signature.
                            I'm sure once it get the 3794th coat or so of Zanio Ken will post a new pic in his sig. I'm surprised he let us see it NAKED in such HORRIBLE condition...
                            My DD
                            2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

Now, THAT is a nice replacement of the old Comp! Have Fun! The Solstice GXP is a nice car, but the Vette is just incredible. I am happy it worked out for you...that is cool!
                              '77 K5 rock-crawler project
                              '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
                              '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
                              '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
                              '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                              My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                              Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                              X