Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful Machine Ken!!!
    way to go brother!

There is no replacement for displacement! Prost!
    -Ryan-

1997 Pontiac Firerbird Formula LT1/T56
    2006 Pontiac G6 GTP, 3.9L V6, 6-spd

Comment

Looking awesome, Ken.

Tinting the windows would make that car absolutely sinister.

I have all the windows in my TL tinted dark. The cops have never bothered me about it, although I know most of them in my town.
      SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
      17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
      Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by Steel2686
        Looking awesome, Ken.

Tinting the windows would make that car absolutely sinister.
        +1

Submit to peer pressure!!!!!!

LOL
        -Ryan-

1997 Pontiac Firerbird Formula LT1/T56
        2006 Pontiac G6 GTP, 3.9L V6, 6-spd

Comment

I think Ken's got the right idea. The tint on the rear canopy really cuts down on the heat and headlights from behind, night visiblity is better on the side windows without the tint.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
            I think Ken's got the right idea. The tint on the rear canopy really cuts down on the heat and headlights from behind, night visiblity is better on the side windows without the tint.
            I can attest to that. Backing up is tough when trying to look at your side mirrors at night.

Screw safety! It looks awesome!!!
            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
            17K Miles

Comment

you finally did it wolf. good for you, you always talked about it. Now do yourself a favor and actually drive this thing

97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
                Now do yourself a favor and actually drive this thing

I second that. I put 24K miles on one of mine and it was the best 24K miles behind the wheel of a car. I tried to avoid rain but after a while I said "screw it" and drove it in all weather. Stability was awesome in the rain.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                  I second that. I put 24K miles on one of mine and it was the best 24K miles behind the wheel of a car. I tried to avoid rain but after a while I said "screw it" and drove it in all weather. Stability was awesome in the rain.
                  You know it's funny, I have met several people who won't drive their vette in the rain. With the stability control and active ABS it is the safest car there is to drive in the rain. Besides that is why they paint cars.
                  2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_in_Atl
                    You know it's funny, I have met several people who won't drive their vette in the rain. With the stability control and active ABS it is the safest car there is to drive in the rain. Besides that is why they paint cars.
                    Yep. Every so often I would go nail it from a stop in the rain and traction control did wonders for managing wheelspin and traction.

Loved it.

Comment

thing about rain driving is.... i dont enjoy driving my immaculately detailed top and bottom toys in the rain......... never have, of my cars. so thats not going to happen unless there is: no choice or i just get caught in it unexpected.

i have the Yukon and the commuter van for that...........

its not even a week old and i have 228 miles on it. with the gto i averaged 500 miles a month, with the Solstice gxp 560 miles a month...... so im not doing bad....haahahhaahaaaa

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I'm with Ken. I never drove the T/A in the rain. Ever. I even left work to bring it home when it looked like there was a threat of rain (I work only 10 minutes away).

I understand why people drive nice cars in the rain, and I took some heat for keeping her garaged. But I loved knowing that during a driving rainstorm, my Trans Am was covered in a garage.
                        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                        17K Miles

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
                          i dont enjoy driving my immaculately detailed top and bottom toys in the rain.........
                          That is what I was gonna say...I think most of us can understand how much work a complete detail is(especially when we see the pics he posts) Ken, without a doubt your attention to detail is outstandingly over the top...
                          Greg W. in West Michigan
                          1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                          1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                          1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                          1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                          1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                          <Motor out

Comment

Working...
                          X