help gear Q

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help gear Q

ive finnaly got my gears after very bad shipping by pro5.0,ive counted the gears and they are = 44/11, thats means the sent me 4.00 gears size right????,the gears are suppose to be 39/10=3.90,if u divided them,do they even make that size of gear,4.00,ive counted twice and have had my gf double check,im getting so mad,any help would be great,im counting both teeth on the gears and dividing them to get the gear size,
    2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

What is printed on the side of the ring gear?
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_in_Atl
      What is printed on the side of the ring gear?
      I didnt see anything but i will look after work,the box does have the code for 390's on it,
      2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

Comment

sorry i was counting wrong,i was suppose to count the spaces between the teeth ,which=43x11=3.91.my bad,but now im worried cause my riceburner shop which ive been going to for years doesnt now anything about gears and didnt even no i need to fix the speedo im trippin

Comment

Find a decent Axle Shop. Its going to cost you a pretty penny to get them installed. Chances are, mor ethan what the gears cost themselves.If that shop you go to has never done gears before, then its commen sense not to trust them in doing yours or else your going to have issues down the road with whine and things like that.
          Eddie
          2000 M6 Trans Am
          Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

cars done $400 for the install,so this whole thing cost me $800,better be worth it!!!!!!!! im picking the car up at 6 ,im a little worried cause he told me how hard it was ,and that he has never done a gear change on a stang,I will post tonight on the results, oh how long to i have to break in the gears?

Comment

If the gears are new, I would recommend at least 500 miles break in.

Hope it does not whine to much. You when from what gear to what gear again?
              Eddie
              2000 M6 Trans Am
              Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

3:27 to 3:91

Comment

Thats a lot of money for thats kind of diff. im my opinion. Not worth $800's. You will notice the difference at the track i would say. Should drop .2-.4 I would say.
                  Eddie
                  2000 M6 Trans Am
                  Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

my gears are installed,cost me $400 hundred dollors for the install and for them to fix my speedo with a speedcal,cost me $400 for my gears ,bearing kit ,oil and speed cal,so i have spent $800 for everthing,and i feel it was a waste of money,Now i might be speaking to soon cause im breaking in the gears,I havent mashed it yet,but so far i barely even notice a difference in performance and drivabilty,I was under the impression it feels like u gained 50hp and is one of the best mods for a stang,i had 3:27 and going to 3:90 i figured i got a big jump in performance,so im kinda but on the good side I have no gearwhine what so ever,I figured the ricer shop would mess something up for sure, now have a Q
                    1)how bad is ur speedo when its not fixed after a gear swap, i compared speeds on the odometer with my buddy driving next to me in my jetta,the stang reads a little over 5mph more then the jetta at the speed,is my speedo off,is this something to worry about? thanks

Comment

I thought you said the shop cabilbrated your speedo. Its going to read high b/c the Driveshaft spin more than it used to. Insteal of spinning 3.27 times per wheel revolution its spinning 3.90 times per revolution.
                      Eddie
                      2000 M6 Trans Am
                      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
                        I thought you said the shop cabilbrated your speedo. Its going to read high b/c the Driveshaft spin more than it used to. Insteal of spinning 3.27 times per wheel revolution its spinning 3.90 times per revolution.
                        they did but the speedo seems to reading faster mph then what im going,I might just be trippen though

Comment

i take back everthing i said about my gears,these suckers are bad a$$,probaly didnt feel like much when i got them cause i had 2 200+pound dudes in my ride and i wasnt mashing it,well i gave it gas on my lunch on the freeway,car pulls super hard,Im at 120mph so quick its not even funny,5th gears pulls hard as hell,scared my chick on the freeway hour ago,its weird cause if i drive normal i cant even notice the gear change,but soon as i mash it huge difference,and i have no gearwhine,good mod,dont no if it was worth $800,but im happy,

Comment

Get that thing to a Track. See what it can do.
                            Eddie
                            2000 M6 Trans Am
                            Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
                              Get that thing to a Track. See what it can do.
                              what do u think id run in the 1/4 with some DR's,my mods are in my sig,these cars run high 13's low 14's stock,

Comment

Working...
                              X