Which would you choose if you had the choice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which would you choose if you had the choice

Given the choice of a 400 HP V8 in a sleek body style......

or a fully electric powerplant with the same power output.

the price is equal, the rest of the car is indentical..... which would you choose and why?

I've had powerful gas powered vehicles my whole life, as I'm sure we've all had here. I'm ready to try something different, plus fuel isn't probably gonna get any cheaper. So I voted electric.

Comment

ill take gas, im still young and dumb, and i cant get enough of a v8 rumble, how do u get a electric motor to rumble?
      2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Electric all the way...Something about that drag bike posted a while back that got me.
        Greg W. in West Michigan
        1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
        1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
        1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
        1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
        1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
        <Motor out

Comment

Electric these days, but I would miss the rumble.
          97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Electric......Full power right off the line , no going to redline
            2000 Z28 SLP sub frames, J&M LCA's, KYB shocks, Waitforme tuning. Ported TB & intake 35/22 swaybars, Firehawk tires

Comment

Eletric - 100% torque in a split second. No lag.
              Eddie
              2000 M6 Trans Am
              Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

I love torque more than HP, so I went with electric.

Plus how cool would it be rolling up to someone in a Mustang with his Flowmaster exhaust and your car isn't even making a sound... Then leaving him at the line.
                SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Both!!!!!!
                  '77 K5 rock-crawler project
                  '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
                  '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
                  '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
                  '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                  My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                  Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I vote for monster electric torque, all wheel drive and enough power to take down all but the most expensive exotics.

Comment

400 hp and tq from 0 rpm . 'Nuff said .
                      Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
                      Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
                      pics and info

Comment

Originally posted by Rhode Island Red
                        400 hp and tq from 0 rpm . 'Nuff said .
                        The instant toque of an electric is brutal!

Comment

Originally posted by Trash man
                          ill take gas, im still young and dumb, and i cant get enough of a v8 rumble, how do u get a electric motor to rumble?

you put a vibrator under your seat and wire it to your gas pedal.
                          94 V6 A4~~LT1 M6~~383 M6 13.1 @ 109 with a 2.1 60' Sold/Stripped
                          94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
                          75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
                          1992 Convertable RS 305/700r4 <<<Just a Beater
                          GOT PSi?
                          Good Cause Your Gonna Need It!!!

Comment

This was a hard one for me, since I have never owned a V8. Not to mention, I have coveted V8's for as long as I have been driving. I got close with my V-6, but still want the Rumble that was mentioned earlier. However, considering that my car...no matter what it is, is going to be my daily driver. And the fact that I drive close to 60 miles/day, I had to go with the electric. It would be very cool to have all that performance and to not have to pony up the $45 twice a week to keep rolling.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Called me old fashioned...but I'll take mine in gas combusting, ground rumbling, ear shattering old v8 glory.

Electric just doesn't do it for me...I know it's the way of the future, but I'll hold on as long as I can.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                              Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                              B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                              Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                              Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Working...
                              X