Hello, new to the site

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, new to the site

My name is Brian and I live in Fort Riley, Kansas. I am an Army Aircraft Avionic Mechanic and have been in for 12 years. While I was in Iraq just recently, my wife bought me a 1998 Camaro 3.8L. I know its just a V-6 but I am curious and am looking foward to seeing what I can do with this Engine. So far I am impressed by the power. I wasnt expecting it to be as powerful as it is. Anyway, this is the second Camaro I have owned. When I was in Germany I owned a 1979 Camaro Berlinetta. It was a German Spec Camaro but that only consited of a Kilometer per hour speedo and different glass. Everything else was American to the Bone. Anyway, I tend to ramble so I just wanted to introduce myseft and say hello to everyone on the site. Site seems pretty helpful and I am looking foward to tips and maybe giving tips as I go along with my Camaro.
    Specs:
    1998 Camaro
    3.8L Series 2
    5 Speed Borg Warner T5 Transmission
    American Racing Rims (Going to be replaced in the near future)
    Flowmaster Exhaust (Going to be replaced in the near future)

Plans:
    Pacesetter Headers
    Flowmaster Dual Exhast w/Cut Out
    Whisper Airlid with K&N Filter or K&N Cold Air Intake(Havnt decided yet)
    High flow Cat
    So Far......

Welcome to the forum! There is a good amount of info that you can search though on the forum, plus I'm sure the members will chime in along the way.

Comment

Welcome aboard neighbor. I live in KC, went to school right next to you in Manhattan.
      LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Brian, welcome aboard. Joe said it all. The memebers of this forum are helpful and friendly. Look forward to hearing more about your car.
        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Im a california transplant myself. I grew up in derby kansas 1970-1983
          2000 Z28 SLP sub frames, J&M LCA's, KYB shocks, Waitforme tuning. Ported TB & intake 35/22 swaybars, Firehawk tires

Comment

Get rid of that v6 and get a real car. V8 baby!!!

Just messing ha ha ha ha ha

Welcome to the forum.
            Eddie
            2000 M6 Trans Am
            Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

welcome to the first f body forum on the internet!

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
              Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
              sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Welcome to the board. It's good to see another V-6 guy on here.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Welcome to the most mature, knowledgable, curtious and friendly bunch on the net.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                  Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                  B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                  Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                  Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Ha Brian
                    Welcome you are on the best F-body site out there. An with the gas prices I wish I had a V6.
                    Blazer

Comment

Working...
                    X