Turtle Wax ICE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turtle Wax ICE

Now, before I get flamed by the usual suspects, let me say that I am going to continue using Zaino on my 'Bird as it does not get much use and Z does just fine.

But, I had been using Tech Wax on our other cars and was disappointed in it. A few days after waxing, water wouldn't bead and it was as if the cars had not been waxed at all.

Having run out of Tech Wax, I tried something new: ICE from Turtle Wax. Folks, I can attest that this stuff is incredible. Does a superb job. And months after using it, the water still beads.

While my 94-year-old neighbor was on a week's vacation in June, I used ICE on his 8-year-old, red Cadillac deVille. The car is not garaged and has sat all summer in the sun. The water still beads off it.

There is also now Tech Wax 2, which I suspect is similar to ICE, but I have not tried it.
    R.i.K.

'98 WS6 TA (white, of course!), Hurst Billet/Plus shifter, BBK intake manifold, McGard “blue-ring” lug nuts (12x1.5), PowerSlot brake rotors, Hawk brake pads, Stainless steel braided brake lines, Pontiac arrow, Hotchkis strut tower brace, MBA MAF ends, Reflective Concepts lettering, MTI carbon-fiber look airbox lid . . . and one greying, somewhat eccentric owner.

Not to knock on the product, but my friend used it on this Mitsubishi Outlander (Black). I was bothered by it's consistancy and knew I used it somewhere else. Alas, I figured out, it contained pertroleum dissaliates...the same stuff as tire shine.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

I agree with Chris, I used the polish on mine and it seems inconsistent. However, where it does work looks incredible.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

tried it on the old 3500 flatbed i use to drive, i threw it out after i did the roof
        2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

I've used the interior ICE stuff, and it is good. Much more effective than ArmorAll and less greasey. That being said, it is still not as good as the Meguiar's stuff I used to have.

No experience with the exterior. I've never cared for TurtleWax. Meguiar's Gold Class seems to do the trick for the ol' Firebird.
          1997 Pontiac Grand Am, 216k+ miles and still moving fast
          2004 Pontiac Grand Am SCT, but 35k on the clock
          1983 Male Driver, driving Front Wheel Drive only, for now

Comment

thanks for the recommendation, Roger.

I'm always looking for a cheaper alternative to Zaino to keep around when I get the occasional beater with a nice coat of paint. The TL and my wife's Volvo get the Zaino.
            SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
            17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
            Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

loaded with silicone. sal tested it too.

to each their own...

bugs and tar stick to the car also... wont prevent bug juice from etching clear coat...........

da woofie stays wit zaino

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
              Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
              sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by Steel2686
                thanks for the recommendation, Roger.

I'm always looking for a cheaper alternative to Zaino to keep around when I get the occasional beater with a nice coat of paint. The TL and my wife's Volvo get the Zaino.
                i use zaino's all-in-one on the Yukon. stuff is great! a lot easier than regular zaino

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
                  i use zaino's all-in-one on the Yukon. stuff is great! a lot easier than regular zaino
                  They have an all-in-one? Where have I been?

I haven't been on the site in a while. I'll go give it a look. Thanks, Ken.
                  SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                  SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                  17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                  Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

I have never used Zaino due to price. Im on a budget so I always look for alternatives. I can Across this one, Its Eagle One Nano Wax ($17). You know I have used a number of off-the-shelf products and this one is by far the best product I have ever used. What I did was use Scratch-X to removes the swirls with my buffer, then Clay the entire car to remove the impurities from the paint. At that point the paints as smoothe as silk. Then follow it and cover the entire car with 1-2 layers of Nano Wax maybe about every 2 weeks and its good. I bought the Eagle One Nano Wax Soup to and it works well with the Wax.
                    Eddie
                    2000 M6 Trans Am
                    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

This isn't a cult. Use whatever wax/polish that you prefer.

Thanks for the feedback. I have not tried that product.
                      LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
                        This isn't a cult.
                        DAMNIT!!!

F-body cult fo' life

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
                          I have never used Zaino due to price. Im on a budget so I always look for alternatives. I can Across this one, Its Eagle One Nano Wax ($17). You know I have used a number of off-the-shelf products and this one is by far the best product I have ever used. What I did was use Scratch-X to removes the swirls with my buffer, then Clay the entire car to remove the impurities from the paint. At that point the paints as smoothe as silk. Then follow it and cover the entire car with 1-2 layers of Nano Wax maybe about every 2 weeks and its good. I bought the Eagle One Nano Wax Soup to and it works well with the Wax.
                          thats an ok product, but you only have one coat cause it has solvents, when you apply another coat, it removes the first one.....

just passing on info...

no cult action here.......

Comment

you know what, it's funny how Meguiar's Zymol and all the other big names have done their darndest (and by unscrupulous means too) to get sal to sell out to them. As he has the patent for Zaino it makes it darned near impossible to compete with him. So the big execs are fuming as a restult...
                            Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
                            Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
                            pics and info

Comment

I loved he turtle wax ice on my GREEN firebird....but i didn't like it so much on my BLACK stratus....Don't know why color made a difference but i could see the "greasiness" of the turtle wax on my black car.
                              2006 Saturn Ion Redline
                              2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Working...
                              X