Check out my new garage wall art.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out my new garage wall art.

LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

explain pease.......... sweet... but no comprehend..

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Oh, I was just being picky about my paint and the existing parts had some flaws. So I bought a new hood and deck lid and shot new paint on the hood, front fascia and deck lid. The hood was spider web cracked as my carbon fiber double reinforced air bridge blew up under about 18 psi boost and damaged the hood. Just being anal retentive about my twin turbo turd.

On another note, my ZR1 was supposedly on the transport Sept 17th according to my dealership. But still no car today.

Got a calendar shoot this Sunday with both my cars. I'll post up some pics next week.

Comment

Nice, Norm!

Hope to see the shots of the ZR1 soon.
        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Post up the pictures when your done...
          2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
          1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
          2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
          2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
          2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Hey Norm, Question. Have you ever run the TT Vette or the ZO6 vette at the track?
            Eddie
            2000 M6 Trans Am
            Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
              Hey Norm, Question. Have you ever run the TT Vette or the ZO6 vette at the track?
              Nope and to be honest, I never have finished the car completely. When it was being dyno'd it was blowing the tires away. So they cinched the car down, threw some guys in the back and put on my big drag radials. When they finally got it to stop spinning, they found the clutch to be the weak link. So, he just threw 7 pounds of boost at it and 12 degrees of timing. It is making about 730 RWHP. On the initial run, it made 680 RWTQ at 3000 rpm before it lifted the head. I ended up installing Cometic Fuzion gas impregnated head gaskets on the car.

Right now I'm just enjoying being able to drive the car. The tires are the weak link on the street. I was coming home from a cruise night on Saturday and showed a little Porsche what it looks like to spin the tires at 85 mph in 5th gear. Man, you never really get used to that. Still kinda makes me pucker a little.

I'll have to install a twin disk clutch down the road when I want my real world numbers.

Comment

So the new ZR1 will be slower than the TT right?
                2000 Camaro SS..........6 speed triple black

Comment

Originally posted by Dave-S
                  So the new ZR1 will be slower than the TT right?
                  Yuppers. The ZR1s are dynoing around 530 to 545 RWHP.

My C6Z06 is making 483 RWHP with just a tune and CAI. That isn't much less than the ZR1. Sure makes someone think before spending $117,000 on a car.

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
                    Yuppers. The ZR1s are dynoing around 530 to 545 RWHP.

My C6Z06 is making 483 RWHP with just a tune and CAI. That isn't much less than the ZR1. Sure makes someone think before spending $117,000 on a car.
                    if u got your zr1 for 117......then you made out dude...... they are going for 130k+ around the east coast.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
                      if u got your zr1 for 117......then you made out dude...... they are going for 130k+ around the east coast.
                      That was without the stealership markup. $117k is just sticker. I may tell the stealership to stick the car up his BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!

Comment

Man, I am having a hard time wrapping my head around 730 RWHP on the street- is that with pump gas, or av gas, with 'additives'? That has to be seriously sick, and fun- you need an adult behind the wheel of that, somebody that thinks they are invulnerable is going to find out pretty quickly that they are wrong-

Yeah, if your ZO6 is putting down 483 HP, that last 50 HP for the ZR1 is coming at a pretty price- then again, it is all factory stock, and under warranty- wonder what that will do with minor bolt-ons- I am sure you will find out-

Must be nice....
                        2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
                        "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Willy
                          Man, I am having a hard time wrapping my head around 730 RWHP on the street- is that with pump gas, or av gas, with 'additives'? That has to be seriously sick, and fun- you need an adult behind the wheel of that, somebody that thinks they are invulnerable is going to find out pretty quickly that they are wrong-

Yeah, if your ZO6 is putting down 483 HP, that last 50 HP for the ZR1 is coming at a pretty price- then again, it is all factory stock, and under warranty- wonder what that will do with minor bolt-ons- I am sure you will find out-

Must be nice....
                          It is an absolute handful with only 7 psi/730 RWHP. That's why I don't turn up the wick. It's already overkill as it sits. I run 92 octane pump gas and dual nozzle boost variable methanol injection.

Comment

It is an absolute handful with only 7 psi/730 RWHP. That's why I don't turn up the wick. It's already overkill as it sits. I run 92 octane pump gas and dual nozzle boost variable methanol injection.
                            Norm, I think the only time you'll be able to turn it up is in the Silver State Classic. On the street or a drag strip it would be useless.

Comment

Enough torque to spin the rim and not the tire, huh?
                              Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
                              SOLD- Kinda miss it
                              94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
                              SOLD- Good riddance!
                              2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Working...
                              X