Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help pricing an old car

1976 Mercedes 240d Diesel 130k miles.
    car has been sitting for a while. my aunt spent almost $4,000 replacing some parts.
    other than that, the car is in excellent condition. does anyone know how i can find out the value of this car?
    1994 Firebird 3.4L V6

Less gas milage than a V8, Slower than a 4cyl

Kelly Blue book.. or take it to Car Max for an estimate.. .thats always a good idea. then you can use their estimate for a qualified pricing sheet... "beat car max or i sell it to them".

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Gee, that's tough- I mean, it IS a Mercedes, and all that, but it is also 32 years old- I mean, the Germans are pretty meticulous, and you probably can find repair parts for it, if you are willing to pay the price. I suspect $4,000 in old Mercedes parts isn't much-

While driving an older car might be interesting or kind of cool, you are giving up much in safety- no ABS, no air bags- heck, that car is so old it woun't even have the CMHSL brake light in the reat. Does it even have headrests? The safety standards have gotten so much higher over the years- while it might be fun to drive an old oil-burner on Sundays or keep it as a collectible, for a DD I would want my loved ones in something with a little more safety-

To the right buyer, who wants to purchase their youth or a car they always wanted, you might get a lot of money, if it is in nice shape. You might have to wait quite a while for that right buyer, though- In genreal, I don't think there is a lot of demand for an old oil burner-
      2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
      "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Willy
        While driving an older car might be interesting or kind of cool, you are giving up much in safety- no ABS, no air bags- heck, that car is so old it woun't even have the CMHSL brake light in the reat. Does it even have headrests? The safety standards have gotten so much higher over the years- while it might be fun to drive an old oil-burner on Sundays or keep it as a collectible, for a DD I would want my loved ones in something with a little more safety-

To the right buyer, who wants to purchase their youth or a car they always wanted, you might get a lot of money, if it is in nice shape. You might have to wait quite a while for that right buyer, though- In genreal, I don't think there is a lot of demand for an old oil burner-
        yea thats true... I dont think its one of those real classics that everyone would want, just an old car. maybe ill just ebay it.
        thanks
        1994 Firebird 3.4L V6

Less gas milage than a V8, Slower than a 4cyl

Comment

The idea that you'll get results from is to take it to a used classic car lot and find out what they would consign it for. They know better than anyone else what the going prices are.

Comment

Working...
          X