zr1 guys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zr1 guys

interesting stuff. Norm, you probaly already saw this but......

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=2162973

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
    2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Yea, those are pretty good numbers.
    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Those are great #'s !! Best I've seen F-bodies with full mods (heads/cam/Headers etc) is mid to upper 11's . After that you need a major power adder. and this car does it stock !!!!! now imagine with mods !!!!!!!!!
      Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
      Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
      pics and info

Comment

awesome numbers but is isn't stock...From what I have read, it has at least a tune on it. I wonder what a bone stock straight from the stealership would run?
        Greg W. in West Michigan
        1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
        1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
        1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
        1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
        1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
        <Motor out

Comment

yeah i read that to. it said stock tires. If they can get a z06 in that range , with a great launch i can see a 10's. motortrend ran 2 tenths slower but with the same mph!

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
          2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

Originally posted by FroSSty
            awesome numbers but is isn't stock...From what I have read, it has at least a tune on it. I wonder what a bone stock straight from the stealership would run?
            that simply means the elimination of torque management and adjusting the air fuel from like (pig rich for the cats sake) 15 - 1 to ~12.9 - 1 (optimal) .
            Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
            Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
            pics and info

Comment

It'll be interesting to see how much quicker they are than the Z06s.

My C6Z06 made 466+ RWHP stock. 483 with a tune and no filter.
              ZR1s are making 530 to 545 stock and upper 500s with a tune. They weigh 250 pounds more than the Z06s.

Stock Z06s on oem tires have gone 10.80s give or take at about 127 to 129 mph.

Stay tuned and we'll see what comes about.
              LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhode Island Red
                Those are great #'s !! Best I've seen F-bodies with full mods (heads/cam/Headers etc) is mid to upper 11's . After that you need a major power adder. and this car does it stock !!!!! now imagine with mods !!!!!!!!!
                yes, but can imagine what you could do with over 100k in mods to an f body... these cars are going for 130k off the showroom floor unless you are on gm's "preferred" list...

put 100k in and f body and hit the high 8's.......LOL

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
                  yes, but can imagine what you could do with over 100k in mods to an f body... these cars are going for 130k off the showroom floor unless you are on gm's "preferred" list...

put 100k in and f body and hit the high 8's.......LOL
                  I was thinking along those lines myself. My Buick GN probably has a grand total of $30K including the purchase price as a semi-abused used car and ran high 10s without too much drama. If all people want to do is go fast, there's a lotta ways to do that much cheaper.

Problem is that so many want to go fast and either don't have the knowledge and/or the dough. A turn key factory 11 second ride is impressive, I love vettes, but I would rather have the dough in the bank and beat the crap out of some other dedicated dragstrip queen. At least you're flogging something built to be used in precisely that manner. It's probably a whole lot safer in the event of a mishap too.

Comment

Working...
                  X