New work place rules....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New work place rules....

This is a list of new rules for all businesses in the US based on Obama's ideals of change and fairness:

As of November 5, 2008, when President Obama officially becomes president-elect, our company will instill a few new policies which are in keeping with his new, inspiring issues of change and fairness:

1. All salespeople will be pooling their sales and bonuses into a common pool that will be divided equally between all of you. This will serve to give those of you who are under-achieving a "fair shake".

2. All low level workers will be pooling their wages, including overtime, into a common pool, dividing it equally amongst you. This will help those who are "too busy for overtime" to reap the rewards from those who have more spare time and can work extra hours.

3. All top management will now be referred to as "the government." We will not participate in this "pooling" experience because the law doesn't apply to us.

4. The "government" will give eloquent speeches to all employees every week, encouraging its workers to continue to work hard "for the good of all".

5. The employees will be thrilled with these new policies because it's "good to spread the wealth around". Those of you who have underachieved will finally get an opportunity; those of you who have worked hard and had success will feel more "patriotic".

6. The last few people who were hired should clean out their desks. Don't feel bad, though, because President Obama will give you free healthcare, free handouts, free oil for heating your home, free food stamps, and he'll let you stay in your home for as long as you want even if you can't pay your mortgage. If you appeal directly to our democratic congress, you might even get a free flat screen TV and a coupon for free haircuts (shouldn't all Americans be entitled to nice looking hair?)!!!
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Obama
    '77 K5 rock-crawler project
    '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
    '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
    '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
    '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
    My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Please don't make me puke!!!

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

and a coupon for free haircuts (shouldn't all Americans be entitled to nice looking hair?)!!!
        I thought that was part of John Edwards plan?

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
        '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
        Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

I would get into this but I know about 95% of the people on this board are republicans so.
          Eddie
          2000 M6 Trans Am
          Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
            I would get into this but I know about 95% of the people on this board are republicans so.
            Oh give it your best shot.
            2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

we're screwed how ever we look at it

o another thing for obama

all of your 401K will now get taxed more but we wont tax u personally
              2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_in_Atl
                Oh give it your best shot.
                I agree. This is probably the most mature board on the net when it comes to not flaming people who don't agree with you. Go For It!
                My DD
                2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

Originally posted by Trash man
                  all of your 401K will now get taxed more but we wont tax u personally
                  Thanks to the stock market over the past couple of weeks that may not be a big issue.
                  My DD
                  2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

Originally posted by sneitzel
                    Thanks to the stock market over the past couple of weeks that may not be a big issue.

haha very true. on a lighter note, gas is 2.59 here

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

One other thing about Obama's plan. Better be ready for Unions to become much much more prevalent in American workplaces. Right now for a union to become the representative for a workforce, they have to follow a series of steps. First, they gather signatures on Union cards from the employees of the business. If they can get at least 30% of the employees to sign the cards ( And they can be very under handed in how they do so. "I'd like to tell you about our Union and how we can help you get get better wages and benefits. If you'd like, I can mail you some information so you can look at it in your own time. You can just fill out this card and I'll get it mailed right to you." What they don't tell you is that once you have signed that card, you have officially voted for the Union and you can't take it back. ), then they can petition the US Labor Union Board for a vote. If they can get a 50% + 1 vote for the union, then the union officially represents the employees of the business. They can promise whatever they want before the vote, better wages, better benfits, designated parking spaces, etc, but don't have to deliver after the vote. And, once they start, a year has to go by before the workforce can vote to end the representation. So that means that even the people who didn't vote for the Union now have to start paying to go to work ( Dues ). And they are subject to any strikes or whatever other nonsense the Union wants to stir up.
                      Ok, now....where does Obama come in? Well, there is a bill in Congress that, if passed, will make it much easier for Unions to get into workplaces. How much easier? Ok..first step...get 30% of the work force to sign the union cards. Second step...begin official representation of the workforce. That's right, all of the "democratic" steps in the process are thrown out and they can weasel their way right in. And Senator Obama has said that if he is elected President, he will sign that bill into Law as soon as he can.
                      Being that I work for Whole Foods market which is already a great company to work for ( It's been in the Forbes "Top 100 Companies to Work For" for the past 10 or so year straight. ), I don't want a union coming in and mucking with an already good system. Not sure how you guys feel, but I can't stand Unions. They are for lazy workers IMO.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Ditto............i'll say my peace and be done with it.

I heard McCain is turning PA into a major deal. I came home and I had messages from both candidates on my answering machine. There are so many commercials here from both that it drives me insane. I can't wait for this mess to be over.

- During the time it took me to write this post John & Cindy called AGAIN.

I am voting for Barack for one reason alone. The No Child Left Behind Act has ruined education.... it truly has. I work in an urban school so I know this thing like the back of my hand. They want us to do so much with these kids like after school tutoring yet we can't afford a bus to send them home for these programs. The same even goes for wealthy schools because there simply is NO FUNDING. Programs like health and phys ed, music, art, shop, languages etc are cut to focus solely on reading and math. 13 days of our school year this year is going towards practicing the PSSA's (standardized test in PA). That's 13 days wasted teaching to a test. All we do is teach what is on the test, and nothing more. If the kids bomb the test we get less money. They bomb the test because we get no support from the parents for their kids to come to school.

An actual phone call I had yesterday:

"Ma'am ***** has not turned in an assignment in two weeks."
                        "So what?"

........and the schools (particularly urban) are blamed for it and suffer.

The NCLB does not need just more funding, but eliminated entirely and a new way of measuring a student's learning must be set in stone.

No one here was subjected to a test like the kids are now to test for learning. And we all turned out fine.

EDIT: Forgot to mention those with autism, down syndrome, mental retardation etc...are expected to test as well as normally functioning students.

Originally posted by TODD V6 CAMARO
                        They are for lazy workers IMO.
                        I am not lazy and I work hard for my money. I go into a job that I love every day where my life is in danger. Despite complete metal detector checks they still find a way to bring in weapons. I was socked by a student two weeks ago. There is a teacher in the hospital right now with brain damage from an assault on Monday. You call that lazy?

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Originally posted by TODD 2000 V6 CAMARO
                          One other thing about Obama's plan. Better be ready for Unions to become much much more prevalent in American workplaces. Right now for a union to become the representative for a workforce, they have to follow a series of steps. First, they gather signatures on Union cards from the employees of the business. If they can get at least 30% of the employees to sign the cards ( And they can be very under handed in how they do so. "I'd like to tell you about our Union and how we can help you get get better wages and benefits. If you'd like, I can mail you some information so you can look at it in your own time. You can just fill out this card and I'll get it mailed right to you." What they don't tell you is that once you have signed that card, you have officially voted for the Union and you can't take it back. ), then they can petition the US Labor Union Board for a vote. If they can get a 50% + 1 vote for the union, then the union officially represents the employees of the business. They can promise whatever they want before the vote, better wages, better benfits, designated parking spaces, etc, but don't have to deliver after the vote. And, once they start, a year has to go by before the workforce can vote to end the representation. So that means that even the people who didn't vote for the Union now have to start paying to go to work ( Dues ). And they are subject to any strikes or whatever other nonsense the Union wants to stir up.
                          Ok, now....where does Obama come in? Well, there is a bill in Congress that, if passed, will make it much easier for Unions to get into workplaces. How much easier? Ok..first step...get 30% of the work force to sign the union cards. Second step...begin official representation of the workforce. That's right, all of the "democratic" steps in the process are thrown out and they can weasel their way right in. And Senator Obama has said that if he is elected President, he will sign that bill into Law as soon as he can.
                          Being that I work for Whole Foods market which is already a great company to work for ( It's been in the Forbes "Top 100 Companies to Work For" for the past 10 or so year straight. ), I don't want a union coming in and mucking with an already good system. Not sure how you guys feel, but I can't stand Unions. They are for lazy workers IMO.
                          You are way too kind. I think much much less of them!!!! The a$$**** governor of Colorado is pushing them hard! ...more campaign contributions; you know.

If you are in industry, union = somebody in India taking your job. Besides, I am perfectly capable of negotiating my own wages/benefits...I don't need to give my money to some union boss for less pay and less benefits.
                          '77 K5 rock-crawler project
                          '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
                          '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
                          '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
                          '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                          My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                          Thomas Jefferson

Comment

i was gonna take a overnight job at a store but when they told me i had to join the union, i passed on the job, not a fan of em. they do more harm then good sometimes. look at detroit. they are ruining GM for the most part.

Comment

Ditto............i'll say my peace and be done with it.
                              I agree with you on the poor conditions our schools are in. People have forgotten over the years that teachers cannot teach alone. Parents should play more of a role in the education process but, like you said, they don't care enough.

The other problem is that school "brass" put way too much money towards sports when they should focus on academics. Every school has a huge gym and a huge football field and etc. They also have tiny libraries and even smaller rooms.

As far as Nobama goes, he is a crook and I will not be responsible for voting a criminal into office.
                              Greg W. in West Michigan
                              1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                              1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                              1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                              1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                              1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                              <Motor out

Comment

Working...
                              X