• Show
Clear All

• ZR1 Vs GT-R!!

Its a thing of beauty!

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...hotopanel..1.*
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

I just saw that today. That's good stuff.
    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

my favorite part!

Burnouts at 75 mph
      We're barely out of Phoenix before the 2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 lays down the gauntlet, or more accurately, the stripes. That's right, drop the ZR1 into 3rd gear, nail the throttle and it will light up the back tires at 75 mph before launching you into triple digits.

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
      2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

Originally posted by thomas
        my favorite part!

Burnouts at 75 mph
        We're barely out of Phoenix before the 2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 lays down the gauntlet, or more accurately, the stripes. That's right, drop the ZR1 into 3rd gear, nail the throttle and it will light up the back tires at 75 mph before launching you into triple digits.
        That is truely amazing. And how they state, " Can't do it in a Ferrari Enzo, Lamborghini Murciélago or Porsche 911 GT2 either. Yes, the ZR1 is a truly sick automobile."

I mean its no Ultimate Aero, "Only using half throttle at that speed, the Aero's available 1183 bhp was massive and could spin the wheels at 190 in 6th gear! "

Now thats just stupid.

But As for the ZR1, I mean it still blows my mind how GM has managed to create such a car with the "ol push-rod" technology. It is a perfect example that simple is better. One cam, Less things to worry about.

And its incredible how smooth the HP curve is on the ZR1 compared to the GT-R. Granted the ZR1 is more $$$ but its with out a doubt the GREATEST bang for the buck as was/Is the ZO6. I dont think there will be anything in a long time that, out the door stock for stock will beat it thats in the same price range.
        Eddie
        2000 M6 Trans Am
        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Me wants...
          Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

I'm surprised the ZR1 only put down 505 horses on the dyno. I went to MTI's open house where they had built a normally aspirated LS1 427 for a C5 that had a very mild cam in it and it put down 502 horses at the rear wheels and got 25 mpg on the highway. I guess I just expected more.
            2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_in_Atl
              I'm surprised the ZR1 only put down 505 horses on the dyno. I went to MTI's open house where they had built a normally aspirated LS1 427 for a C5 that had a very mild cam in it and it put down 502 horses at the rear wheels and got 25 mpg on the highway. I guess I just expected more.
              I agree. I don't know what brand dyno they used but that is the lowest I've seen dyno'd. Normally they are between 530 and 550.
              LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

It was a mustang so its considerably lower. usually 540 or so.

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
                2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

Working...
                X