Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car was broken into...

Hey guys,

I haven't posted in awhile because Im so busy with my studies. Anyways I went out to see the new bond movie and return to my car that was broken into. They pryed the window back far enough to unlock it, so now the window is all messed up. Then they took my pioneer cd player and messed up all the plastic around it. Oh, they remembered to lock the door on the way out...

I had the cops come to report it and basically theres nothing we can do. What are with people these days? The unit was 4 years old! What value is that. just had to vent.
    1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Makes you want to kill someone, doesn't it.

Blazer

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer

Blazer
      Exactly.
      LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

scumbags.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer

Blazer
          I got in the car, and just sat there. It was weird seeing all the cables just dangling there knowing someone was in there. I wished they were leaving as I was walking out! After seeing bond I was ready for a car chase or something to get them!!!
          1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Comment

hahah i know the feeling man i had a 700 dollar pioneer flipout touch screen in my car went inside to eat dinner and me and 3 of my buddys two stangs SVTs and a worked Sti. they pop my door nice and neat and yanked the radio out tearing my dash apart. and since there was no camera proof i had to eat it. im to find someone trying to sell it. cause i had distinct marks on there. kinda something i do with all my stuff. its a shame to hear holy shitty the system is nowadays when it comes to stuff like that.
            94 V6 A4~~LT1 M6~~383 M6 13.1 @ 109 with a 2.1 60' Sold/Stripped
            94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
            75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
            1992 Convertable RS 305/700r4 <<<Just a Beater
            GOT PSi?
            Good Cause Your Gonna Need It!!!

Comment

My brother in law's jeep, his dad's jeep and his mom's hyundai were all broken into on the same night, my friend's 3 neighbors houses were broken into maybe 3 days before that and just a week ago the car RIGHT next to me had its window smashed out. All within 2 weeks. And i live in a relativly low crime area.
              also my friends dakota was broken into maybe 6 months ago in wilmington. They actually had that guy on tape, but couldn't see his plate.
              assholes
              2006 Saturn Ion Redline
              2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

No alarm? Insurance gonna cover you?
                2000 Z28 SLP sub frames, J&M LCA's, KYB shocks, Waitforme tuning. Ported TB & intake 35/22 swaybars, Firehawk tires

Comment

Maybe its just my F-body, but doesn't the alarm go off if the car is locked and the door is opened like that?

And I bet this was done for drug money.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

When I had my honda they broke into 3 times and stole the entire car once. Thats why when I got my TA I didnt want to change out the head unit out at all but with my love for super nice sounding audio I needed to. I didnt go with a flip-out unit but that a for sure thing to get stolen.

As for the alarm, My car starts to honk if the doors are open. I know the crime rate is sky rocketing like no other. I read on other forums that a lot of people are getting their cars broken into.

Thats why its very important that if you buy anything of serious value to register it with the Serial # that way if/when the cops get it back it makes it easier to trace back.
                    Eddie
                    2000 M6 Trans Am
                    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by Joshu
                      Maybe its just my F-body, but doesn't the alarm go off if the car is locked and the door is opened like that?

And I bet this was done for drug money.
                      Insurance wont cover it because of my deductible which is 500, the stuff that was stolen is worth about 300. My car has the theft system but I think it is only related to the ignition key. I have manual locks and windows and I've never set the alarm off.

I am going to purchase an alarm system though, any thoughts on which one. Should I have it professionally installed or are they a do-it-yourself?

Comment

Unfortunately, alarms are rarely a deterent these days. As stated above, you're better off installing the factory head unit. You can still get away with decent sound by installing better speakers.

I did that with my '02 WS6. I bought the car with a really nice Blaupunkt in it and found the factory Monsoon on eBay for $50. Installed that and replaced the factory speakers. It actually sounded really good and I wasn't worried about radio theft anymore.
                        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
                        X