No announcement yet.

Official Deer Harvest Thread...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frossty com'on man no threaded muzzels and one with a thumb hole stock, those poor ak's.
    1994 Z28 Camaro-Project carbed 4th gen
    1995 Silverado-beater truck
    2005 Colorado Z71-Daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by 94Z/28
      Frossty com'on man no threaded muzzels and one with a thumb hole stock, those poor ak's.
      With 922r, Clinton made a kinder friendlier AK! This gun is so much better with these regs. If you thread the barrel, make sure you buy the 10 magic USA built parts.
      '77 K5 rock-crawler project
      '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
      '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
      '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
      '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
      My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
      Thomas Jefferson

Comment

nice gun, havent been out yet, between work, my new gf, and fixing family cars, really havent had time to go get my new shotgun (Remington 870 Shotgun)
        2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

I figured i would join in the fun a throw on a few pics of a couple of my AK's(and an AR). The one on the right is a Russian SAIGA i converted to AK status. The one in the middle i built from a Bulgarian parts kit on a global arms receiver and added a russian side folding stock. Also, this one is a 5.45x39 gun not 7.62x39. Oh and before anyone freaks about the saiga's barrel looking shorter than normal, it has been cut down some, but the muzzel break IS permanetly attached therefore it counts as barrel length. It measures out at 16 1/4", and thats a 1/4" more than needed to be legal.

Comment

Originally posted by markd79ta
            With 922r, Clinton made a kinder friendlier AK! This gun is so much better with these regs. If you thread the barrel, make sure you buy the 10 magic USA built parts.
            I know all about it, and yes the guns i have pictured above have the required US made parts, nothing illegal about them.

Comment

I know all about it, and yes the guns i have pictured above have the required US made parts, nothing illegal about them.
              Mine are as well, wait...were...lost them in a tragic boating accident.
              '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
              My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
              Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I figured i would join in the fun a throw on a few pics of a couple of my AK's(and an AR). The one on the right is a Russian SAIGA i converted to AK status. The one in the middle i built from a Bulgarian parts kit on a global arms receiver and added a russian side folding stock. Also, this one is a 5.45x39 gun not 7.62x39. Oh and before anyone freaks about the saiga's barrel looking shorter than normal, it has been cut down some, but the muzzel break IS permanetly attached therefore it counts as barrel length. It measures out at 16 1/4", and thats a 1/4" more than needed to be legal.
                It looks like your Saiga is not technically an assault rifle. If the barrel is not threaded capable of using a flash suppressor and the stock is fixed, it is a politically correct rifle... Just pull that mag out and get a 5 rounder and you will be completely and totally politically correct!

Now, that middle rifle is not politically correct, but it is OK because it appears that you didn't use those bad horrible people killing imported parts to build it.

Wow, what a brain trust of knowledge concentrated in our elected officials.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Bah, those guns are for kids...

This is what I go hunting with,

Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

dillon mini gun?
                    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_in_Atl
                      Which version of the AK47 is this one? Where is it made?
                      It is a post-ban chinese mak90 in original configuration. I got a HECK of a deal on it...They go for around 450 in this configuration, albeit without rust.
                      more info

If you look at the pic with my deer, you'll see it in its current configuration with threaded muzzle and full stock with pistol grip. As for my wife's rifle, it also has a threaded muzzle now and to tell you the truth, the thumbhole stock on it is soo comfy... Not to mention it is a Milled Norinco Hunter(similar to the Galil only in 7.62x39), which cannot accept normal ak parts without major reconstruction, which is in progress. BTW, Nice aks and ar...I like the saiga conversion. I want one in .308...

Gotta love 922r...The stamped receiver ak only needs 6 US made parts(milled needs only 5) to be compliant. The six on my rifle is the fire control group(3), Slant Brake, pistol grip, and gas rod. I am g2g... The only good thing about 922r is the fact that it made way for some American companies to profit from it.

Trash man - nice gun
                      Thanks...yours too!

Mine are as well, wait...were...lost them in a tragic boating accident.
                      LOL! I may have heard that before... IDC, let em come to my door to get em..."If it's my chinese toys they come for, they will get the lead first." -me lol

It looks like your Saiga is not technically an assault rifle.
                      There are no "assault weapons" in the hands of the public as far as I can tell... LINK

Legislators and political lobbyists have adopted the term to refer to specific semi-automatic firearms and other firearms listed by specific characteristics for statutory purposes. The legislative usage follows usage by political groups seeking to limit the individual's right to keep and bear arms, who have sought to extend the meaning to include a semi-automatic firearm that is similar in name or appearance to a fully automatic firearm or military weapon.
                      Mostly, they use it because it scares the sheeple enough to go along with a ban.

If you guys want more info, goto
                      http://www.theakforum.net/phpBB2/
                      http://www.ar15.com/forums/board.html?b=4
                      There are other boards too but these are the ones I frequent.
                      Greg W. in West Michigan
                      1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                      1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                      1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                      1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                      1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                      <Motor out

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso
                        Bah, those guns are for kids...

This is what I go hunting with,

lol, thats an airsoft gun...
                        Greg W. in West Michigan
                        <Motor out

Comment

Actually Jeff, the above info is for preban rifles. THIS LINK shows all of the postban chinese rifles and some others. IMO, The best rifles/parts are in this order; Chinese and Bulgarian are close but I give the edge to the bulgy...
                          1. Russian
                          2. Bulgarian
                          3. Chinese
                          4. Egyptian/Maadi
                          5. Yugoslavian
                          Greg W. in West Michigan
                          <Motor out

Comment

Originally posted by FroSSty
                            Actually Jeff, the above info is for preban rifles. THIS LINK shows all of the postban chinese rifles and some others. IMO, The best rifles/parts are in this order; Chinese and Bulgarian are close but I give the edge to the bulgy...
                            1. Russian
                            2. Bulgarian
                            3. Chinese
                            4. Egyptian/Maadi
                            5. Yugoslavian
                            That's good info. I don't know anything about the AK except my wife wants one to replace one she had. The only thing she says is she likes the thumb hole stocks. I don't like them.
                            2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by FroSSty
                              1. Russian
                              2. Bulgarian
                              3. Chinese
                              4. Egyptian/Maadi
                              5. Yugoslavian
                              Not trying to start a fight here, but i disagree with the order of your list. To have Ugo's at the bottom is way off to me. All Ugo AK stuff has always been great quality, nice machine work. There were some really nice Egyptian AK's from pre 1989, but the later stuff is kinda rough. I would definetly consider them below the ugos. You didnt list Hungarians, Romanians, or Polish where would you put those in your list?

Comment

Not trying to start a fight here, but i disagree with the order of your list. To have Ugo's at the bottom is way off to me. All Ugo AK stuff has always been great quality, nice machine work. There were some really nice Egyptian AK's from pre 1989, but the later stuff is kinda rough. I would definetly consider them below the ugos. You didnt list Hungarians, Romanians, or Polish where would you put those in your list?
                                Not a problem...

The reason I put the yugo at the bottom is because of the fact that they don't chrome the barrels. Other than that they are great, but not better than the ones listed above. And I am going on rifles that I have seen in person. I haven't held let alone shot and Hungys, romys or polys... That is why my list is what it is. From what I have read on forums, the hungarians are on par with bulgys. The imported romys (wasr 10) are mostly junk but can be made into decent rifles. The romy parts kit guns are even near the bottom of the list. The Polish rifles are up there too.

The funny thing about listing the best country's rifle/parts is that it is largely ones own opinion. Its like listing the best cars ever made. Everyone will have there own opinion and will almost never match what anyone else thinks. Its kinda like saying milled receiver is better than stamped...They are both great in there own ways and the differences are negligible at best.

In reality though, they can all be great looking and extremely reliable. It really depends on who puts them together. ie. I would rather buy an Arsenal built ak with bulgarian parts than a century built ak with romanian parts...Of course, you will pay nearly twice as much for the Arsenal ak than the Century.
                                Greg W. in West Michigan
                                <Motor out

Comment

Working...
                                X