Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School Project

Hey guys,

I have to make a 3D model of an Lt1 block (my choice of course) using a computer program for one of my classes. Does anyone have any idea where I would be able to find the LT1 block specifications? Thank you!
    1996 Trans Am M6 (T-Tops)
    Mods:
    "Race Ready" Rebuilt T56
    Pro 5.0 Shifter
    Crane 1.5rrs
    Comp high tech pushrods
    Pacesetter Longtubes and ORY
    SLP Loudmouth II
    SLP Cold air intake
    PCMforLess Tune + 160 thermostat
    UMI adjustable panhard
    UMI LCAs and relocation brackets

Originally posted by SeanC
    Hey guys,

I have to make a 3D model of an Lt1 block (my choice of course) using a computer program for one of my classes. Does anyone have any idea where I would be able to find the LT1 block specifications? Thank you!
    No I don't but if you find it let me know. That stuff is a pretty closely guarded secret.

What software are you going to be using? When you say 3D model do you mean 3D on the computer screen or 3D that you can hold in your hand?

I once modeled a V8 engine with everything in it on our CAD system. I could spin the crank and all of the parts would move accordingly. The only problem I had was getting the cam shaft to rotate at half the speed of the crank.

We have a 3D "printer" at work where we can model stuff on our CAD system then make them in plastic on the 3D printer. I modeled the Star Trek Enterprise NCC1701 no bloody A, B, C, or D and a Klingon D5 cruiser and made both of them on the 3D printer. They came out pretty good. If anybody wants the model in .STP or .SAT I can send it to you.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Sounds like fun, if you run into trouble usea cutaway to try and help ya maybe?
      I highly doubt you'll get the blueprints though, seems a bit to 'top secret'.
      -Alex
      1995 LT1 ECU (GREAT for flashing!)
      ZO6 wheels (clones)
      LED exterior and interior lighting
      With questionable guts:
      Forged bottom end
      free flowing 3 1/2" exhaust w/
      pacesetter longtubes
      T56 with a 6 puck ceramic copper heavy duty clutch
      Built T56, 3.5" 4130 driveshaft w/spicer HD's
      K&N RAM air from 96 ws6
      96? ws6 hood
      96? ws6 spoiler
      full emissions delete
      polished heads with oversize valve job
      Edelbrock IAS shocks
      Full tubular Chassis minus k member
      Daily Driver and love it that way
      Motor is not what you'd think.

Comment

We're not really using a complex program....Its only my first computer class so we are only doing really simple stuff so far. The program is called google sketchup (its free).

I'm trying to think of what else I could do....I definitly want to do an engine block, but I need some sort of dimension. I mean, it doesn't have to be exact but still close. Any ideas? I wish I had one sitting next to me so I could just measure it haha
        1996 Trans Am M6 (T-Tops)
        Mods:
        "Race Ready" Rebuilt T56
        Pro 5.0 Shifter
        Crane 1.5rrs
        Comp high tech pushrods
        Pacesetter Longtubes and ORY
        SLP Loudmouth II
        SLP Cold air intake
        PCMforLess Tune + 160 thermostat
        UMI adjustable panhard
        UMI LCAs and relocation brackets

Comment

I have an LT1 block on a stand in my garage. You are welcome to come measure it!
          Tracy
          2002 C5 M6 Convertible
          1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
          Current Mods:
          SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
            I have an LT1 block on a stand in my garage. You are welcome to come measure it!
            +1...Same here.
            Greg W. in West Michigan
            1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
            1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
            1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
            1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
            1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
            <Motor out

Comment

Working...
            X