In the market for a GTO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the market for a GTO

I have been wanting a newer (or additional) car for a couple months now, and i have been looking at the (newer) Pontiac GTOs... does anyone know if there are years to stay away from, bugs, etc... or are they all pretty much the same? Thanks
    -Ryan-

1997 Pontiac Firerbird Formula LT1/T56
    2006 Pontiac G6 GTP, 3.9L V6, 6-spd

My buddy has a built 2004 one for sale. Forged stock displacement, TH400 with a trans brake, single 76mm turbo w/air-air intercooler. Its Barney purple.

2004 was LS1
    2005 up is LS2.
    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

only get the ls2,the ls1 gto's are slow,i beat one bad from a roll in my mustang many times
      2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Comment

Originally posted by DHolmes
        only get the ls2,the ls1 gto's are slow,i beat one bad from a roll in my mustang many times
        The LS2 models are also Slower than just about any stock LSx series f-body.
        Eddie
        2000 M6 Trans Am
        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
          ,your right ,I seen a ls2 lose to ls1 f-bodys over and over again,but recently i raced a ls1 goat from a roll,he had a exhaust and CAI,and with my mods and my 260hp engine,I put 3-5 cars on the goat easy
          2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Comment

It's all about the weight. GTOs weigh substantially more than an fbody.

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
              we agree to disagree on this one for sure. there are bone stock ls2 gto's that broke into the 12's.

stay away from the 04 gto's, they had the most problems, including strut rub on the tires.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
              Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
              sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

,your right ,I seen a ls2 lose to ls1 f-bodys over and over again,but recently i raced a ls1 goat from a roll,he had a exhaust and CAI,and with my mods and my 260hp engine,I put 3-5 cars on the goat easy
                I don't believe you. The gto is best from a roll. its sucks on launch because of small tires.

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
                  It's all about the weight. GTOs weigh substantially more than an fbody.
                  200lbs. "substantially"? add a fat man in the f body and that could be 100 lbs...LOL....

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320

Comment

3-5 cars? My buddies V6 Camaro walks GT stangs..what do you have under the hood?

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

He didnt know you were racing. Those mustangs are dogs
                          97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Well, I'll tell you my 05 GTO is a lot faster than my Formula was. I've driven ls1 f-bodys and they are faster than then lt1's, but not as fast as the 05 or 06 GTO. You can get a smokin deal on a GTO right now. I actually may be selling mine to get a Corvette, because the deals on those are unbelievable...
                            2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
                            1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
                            2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
                            2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
                            2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
                              200lbs. "substantially"? add a fat man in the f body and that could be 100 lbs...LOL....
                              I try to always race fat guys so I know I'll have the advantage. "Hey, how much you weigh? 300 pounds! Oh hell, lets go."

Comment

Working...
                              X