a serious post from canine rescue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a serious post from canine rescue

This post is for all breeds, not just wollfdogs and golden retrievers, for as some of you know, I head up a National Wolfdog Rescue org, and my wife is the Intake coordinator for www.grreat.org, a 6 state golden retriever rescue.......

Christmas approaches. Time are tough right now, the economy is in big trouble...... we in canine rescue are swamped, forclosures, people losing jobs and cant afford their dogs anymore, etc etc etc......

Most of the folks here on this forum are pretty damn savy, but I am posting this on every forum I am on in hopes that if it reaches just one person before a mistake happens, its one less canine that will end up in jeopardy....

There is more costs involved in just shots, nail trims, and putting up a fence if you dont have one.....owning and caring properly for a canine is not cheap.....

read this: http://www.peteducation.com/article....+1671&aid=1543

and please, please, think about it real hard before bringing that Christmas pup home this year... many dogs will end up in shelters because rescues are so overwhelmed...and that means death for some of them........

thanks for reading, folks.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

bump.
    cause I am serious.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Good read.
      Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

I don't understand how people can consider a dog (or any pet, really) as something disposable. My wife and I have 3 dogs (a chihuahua, a Min-pin, and a beagle - odd combo, I know) and we treat them just like they were children. They get baths, sleep in the bedroom with us (IN our bed on really cold nights, the little brats), get fed/watered, walked, played with, taught tricks, etc. etc. I'm sorry, but if you can't look in your pet's eyes and see their personality staring back at you, then either you're retarded, or the pet is (generally it's NOT the pet).

My wife wishes we could be a foster home for abandoned animals - unfortunately right now we just can't afford it. My heart goes out to any animal that finds themselves on the street this winter.

Comment

Dogs are the most trusting, loyal buddies you can have- I cannot fathom how some people treat them "ah, they're just animals"

If you don't want the responsibility of caring for one, don't get one- But you will be missing an important part of life. I have been both blessed and honored to have shared time with some wonderful canines- if there is a heaven for us, I imagine the dogs will be there too- they are more honest and loyal than many people I have met-
          2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
          "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

This one gets me (and is a direct response to Wild Willy's post):

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
            There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
            There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
            The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Comment

Working...
            X