No announcement yet.

happy birthday to another in our pack!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• happy birthday to another in our pack!

today, it's Reno........

Reno is an awesome golden for sure.. he was the only dog we had at the time I brought Keona home at 4 1/2 weeks old.. we lost my first wolfdog, Nikona, shortly after bringing him home...we got him in hopes that it might spark some life back to her, now that she had no canine companions, and shortly before that, Ginger, our Akita Husky mix, and Bandit, our Mal/gsd mix.... we got Reno as a pup..8 weeks... from a backyard breeder who was practically giving the dogs away because of her dooshbag husband who I almost sent over the hood of our Firehawk on the day we picked Reno up.....

Reno is scary smart... and he literally raised Keona.. they fought and played like brother and sister, and Keona grew to love this Golden like her own kin. In fact, its so bad, we cant take the two of them to petCo or Petsmart at the same time, or the vet..cause if another male shows any aggression towards Reno, Keona becomes Wild Kindom...and it aint a pretty site..... she's put a lot of males in their place and I dont like that happening when im trying to use her as a good message for wolfdogs....

He's strong as a bull...hell, he grew up with a wolfdog...and he holds his own...

anyway, he's an awesome boy...one of a kind... made me a firm believer in goldens... our first one, and my wifes soul dog, he's the reason she got into golden retriever rescue...

7 years old today...

here he is with Keona when she was 5 weeks old

some more "training" pics...LOL

Keona at 6 months, Reno at 1 1/2 years..caught on the couch!

a scrappy dude for sure....

Happy Birthday to our alpha Golden!

you cant split these two up for sure........

best thing to happen to a wolfdog......

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Originally posted by wolfdogs
    we got Reno as a pup..8 weeks... from a backyard breeder who was practically giving the dogs away because of her dooshbag husband who I almost sent over the hood of our Firehawk on the day we picked Reno up.....
    If you don't mind me asking, what happened?

awsome pics by the way....i like the one with them on the couch
    2006 Saturn Ion Redline
    2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Cute pics. Happy bday Reno!

we got Reno as a pup..8 weeks... from a backyard breeder who was practically giving the dogs away because of her dooshbag husband who I almost sent over the hood of our Firehawk on the day we picked Reno up.....
      What's the story behind this?
      Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Awwwww. I love golden retreivers. Smart dogs.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Happy belated Reno...The pics are the best.
          Greg W. in West Michigan
          1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
          1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
          1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
          1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
          1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
          <Motor out

Comment

Reno looks just like my girl, Shea. Happy birthday!

I agree with the others... Please tell us. Story time with Uncle Ken!
            SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
            17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
            Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

well..first off... it was a rutted dirt road that led to the house where the golden pups were, they told us it was a good road... otherwise i'd of driven the commuter van..we didnt have an Envoy back then..only the Hawk and the Comp and the van.

when we got there, the mother golden was outside and started barking non stop at us... the guy came out, grabbed her by the collar and put her in the shed..........then led us in the house... i asked "is she ok in there" he just looked at me like "mind your own business".

after the money-pup exchange, which took a while... mary picked Reno out of several pups... we were getting ready to leave, and his wife said "im going to get his mom to say goodby" and she went and got the mother out of the shed on a leash... brough her over...mary bent down and let her see reno nose to nose... mary stood up..and the mother golden growled... the damn guy kicked her..so hard it knocked the wind out of her....... I said "you bastard......whats wrong with you"? her turned towards me bearing his teeth and I stepped back and put my fists in the air and said "bring it on, you are an asshole...ill put your @$$ in the hospital mr..........."... he stopped... his wife screamed at him...dont even know what she said.. .and he stomped off to the house.. .then i got chewed out by mary..."that was not necessary...
              " i said "yes it was......" then i appologized to his wife and she just shook her head and said "thats ok.. i live with this all the time"... i felt sorry for her and the dogs there...........

keep this between us here please......and that goes for you internet surfers that snoop too! LOL

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

keep this between us here please......and that goes for you internet surfers that snoop too! LOL
                Don't worry...no names were given...That guy deserved it, and more...
                Greg W. in West Michigan
                1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                <Motor out

Comment

well..first off... it was a rutted dirt road that led to the house where the golden pups were, they told us it was a good road... otherwise i'd of driven the commuter van..we didnt have an Envoy back then..only the Hawk and the Comp and the van.

when we got there, the mother golden was outside and started barking non stop at us... the guy came out, grabbed her by the collar and put her in the shed..........then led us in the house... i asked "is she ok in there" he just looked at me like "mind your own business".

after the money-pup exchange, which took a while... mary picked Reno out of several pups... we were getting ready to leave, and his wife said "im going to get his mom to say goodby" and she went and got the mother out of the shed on a leash... brough her over...mary bent down and let her see reno nose to nose... mary stood up..and the mother golden growled... the damn guy kicked her..so hard it knocked the wind out of her....... I said "you bastard......whats wrong with you"? her turned towards me bearing his teeth and I stepped back and put my fists in the air and said "bring it on, you are an asshole...ill put your @$$ in the hospital mr..........."... he stopped... his wife screamed at him...dont even know what she said.. .and he stomped off to the house.. .then i got chewed out by mary..."that was not necessary...
                  " i said "yes it was......" then i appologized to his wife and she just shook her head and said "thats ok.. i live with this all the time"... i felt sorry for her and the dogs there...........

I would of called the police on the spot and reported animal abuse, that way they would have his name on file.

A guy a couple of houses down from my parents' house has a beef with the geese that go in his backyard. I cought him shooting them with his bb gun and I filed a police report. With my credentials, he was slapped with a $500.00 fine.

A year later he poisoned an entire family of them. We didn't have any evidence, but I knew it was him. We've filed numerous complaints against him. This isn't some kid either....some guy in his late 40's. Real son of a $$$# too..
                  Hercules

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso
                    I would of called the police on the spot and reported animal abuse, that way they would have his name on file.

A guy a couple of houses down from my parents' house has a beef with the geese that go in his backyard. I cought him shooting them with his bb gun and I filed a police report. With my credentials, he was slapped with a $500.00 fine.

A year later he poisoned an entire family of them. We didn't have any evidence, but I knew it was him. We've filed numerous complaints against him. This isn't some kid either....some guy in his late 40's. Real son of a $$$# too..
                    Aren't canadian geese a protected species? Or atleast i'm assuming they're canadian geese.
                    2006 Saturn Ion Redline
                    2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso

Animal Control is who to call. We thought about it...but we were way out in the middle of nowhere, and by the time we got home, we were just too "puppy spell bound"...

Comment

We should go pay him a visit
                        Hercules

Comment

Working...
                        X