Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

d@mn, I wish i was rich... hey Norm! all..check this out!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• d@mn, I wish i was rich... hey Norm! all..check this out!

just came in from Scott Settlemire.....:

Good afternoon, Camaro Comrades, Firebird Friends, and Corvette Cousins............

As you may know, the GM Heritage Collection numbers in the many hundreds of cars and trucks - from 'first builts' and 'last builts' to one-off show cars to SEMA show cars.

The Decision has been made to sell off select vehicles. (Indeed, a sad day for some of us......)

There's a little of everything -- from the Legendary Buick Blackhawk -- to (are you sitting down?) a COUPLE of 1989 Corvette ZR1s -- the Jon Moss built Track-dominating Black 572 ZL1 -- A C5 Alpha and a C5 Beta -- The Tiger Shark -- the LT5 Camaro -- a 1904 Olds Touring -- several GTOS -- both old and new -- a couple of 1970 muscle cars -- a mid nineties "510" Impala SS -- and many, many pace cars and trucks.

This may be the time to break open the piggy bank.................

PLEASE NOTE:

>This is a preliminary list -- it is very likely subject to change -

>Barrett-Jackson will, in the coming week or two, put out pictures of each of these cars on their website.

>This is the Scottsdale, AZ auction -- January 13-19, 2009.

>Please feel free to share with your club members and friends

heres the list for now:

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

wow! what a list.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

just got the second list;

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

Why the auction??
        97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
          Why the auction??
          GM needs cash.

Wow.... what a list.

Comment

also......

I kinda think Congress might just point the finger at those too..and say "why do you need those? why should we lend you money so you can hang on to those?".

d@mnIt

Comment

There's some sweet stuff on that there list. LOL

I'm thinking about foregoing my 09 ZR1 and putting my money back into classics. Haven't decided yet.
              LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

I'll take those '89 ZR-1's thank you
                Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                  GM needs cash.

Wow.... what a list.
                  That's what I thought, but I didn't want to assume. That's an amazing list. I need some cash to play with.
                  97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Not sure how healthy the market is, but I guess there are always wealthy collectors- some really nice pieces in there- The one that leaped out to me (nostalgia) was the 1970 Olds 442 with W30 options- Almost like the Buick Skylark GSX I was never able to afford- in my dreams, a big-block and a convertible.....sigh

Also liked the idea of the mid-90's big-block Impala- a car that GM should have built- would have raised the desirability of the whole model line. Though, the LT1-powered version was no slouch- I just think that torque is the answer in a 3700 lb car.

This could raise a few million for GM- more symbolic than a real answer, but, if it can keep the company limping along until the congress gets off their butt, so be it.
                    2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
                    "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

Working...
                    X