Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paging Ken - Zaino Question

Ken,

Since it's warm enough to give the TA some TLC, I was hoping to put a coat of Z5 on her, but obviously she's been neglected for the past year. I know shame on me...just didn't have time other than the car washes.

Anywho, if I was to use Fusion do I still need to clay? I want the best prep and wouldn't skip on either.

Thanks,
    Chris

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Originally posted by Christopherrr
    Ken,

Since it's warm enough to give the TA some TLC, I was hoping to put a coat of Z5 on her, but obviously she's been neglected for the past year. I know shame on me...just didn't have time other than the car washes.

Anywho, if I was to use Fusion do I still need to clay? I want the best prep and wouldn't skip on either.

Thanks,
    Chris
    no, if you Fusionize it... you wont need to clay. now, as a double check, after you fusion, pick a spot, put a zip lock bag over your hand, and lightly rub it across the spot..if you feel grit..then clay it.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
      no, if you Fusionize it... you wont need to clay. now, as a double check, after you fusion, pick a spot, put a zip lock bag over your hand, and lightly rub it across the spot..if you feel grit..then clay it.
      zip lock bag...wow, you and your tricks.

Christopher Teng

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Well since we're on the subject of zaino, my hood is extremely faded. Is there any product that might restore the original luster, or is it in need of a new paint job?
        2006 Saturn Ion Redline
        2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

zip lock bag...wow, you and your tricks.
          LOL.. yup..that will multiply your finger tips ability to feel foreign matter in the clear coat.

go out and try it ...use your fingers first, then the bag.. prepare for a shock.

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan34
            Well since we're on the subject of zaino, my hood is extremely faded. Is there any product that might restore the original luster, or is it in need of a new paint job?
            faded?... gimmie a pic. zaino will certainly add some gloss to your current surface, may darken it slightly... lets see it.

Comment

faded?... gimmie a pic. zaino will certainly add some gloss to your current surface, may darken it slightly... lets see it.
              Unfortunatly my camera is on the fritz, but its a red car. And on a scale of 1 to 10.....1 being white, 10 being red and 5 being pink. i give it a 7. If that helps at all. I'll also see if my friend is available to let me use his camera...although that might be a couple of days.
              2006 Saturn Ion Redline

Comment

Zaino will bring it back...you will need multiple coats and patience.

I've seen it work wonders...my rear bumper is rather faded when I bought it in 02' and with Zaino coats...you can't even tell it was ever faded.

Christopher Teng

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

LOL.. yup..that will multiply your finger tips ability to feel foreign matter in the clear coat.

go out and try it ...use your fingers first, then the bag.. prepare for a shock.
                  I tried it...my wife thought I was nuts. All I can say is wow. Thank you for the new trick. After all these years I'm still tapping your brain. LOL!

Christopher Teng

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Zaino will bring it back...you will need multiple coats and patience.

I've seen it work wonders...my rear bumper is rather faded when I bought it in 02' and with Zaino coats...you can't even tell it was ever faded.

awsome....now all i need to do is buy some. will be till spring for that.
                    2006 Saturn Ion Redline

Comment

Working...
                    X