welding

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• welding

Is there money to be made in welding,Im thinking of taking classes at the local college,the 2 days im off at work cause of work share
    2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

There is money to be made. Whether it's good money or not so good is your call. It's hot sweaty work. I looked into it and said I am not spending my life doing this. How about becoming a machinist?
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_in_Atl
      There is money to be made. Whether it's good money or not so good is your call. It's hot sweaty work. I looked into it and said I am not spending my life doing this. How about becoming a machinist?
      My dads been a machinist for 20 years ,and sayed its not worth it unless u live in LA,

ill be happy makin 16-20 bucks a hour
      2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Comment

Originally posted by DHolmes
        My dads been a machinist for 20 years ,and sayed its not worth it unless u live in LA,

ill be happy makin 16-20 bucks a hour
        I was a machinist for 12 years. It gave me the skills I needed to move into engineering to do CAD. There are advancement opportunities to go into management. At least there is growth potential. FYI my dad was a machinist. His brother was a machinist. He started the shop at the local trade school. My mom had 2 brothers that were machinist. You could say it is in my blood. Oh and all of us live and work in Georgia not LA. Lockheed in Marietta, Ga. is hiring by the hundreds for all kinds of jobs. Machinist jobs are not limited to LA.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by DHolmes
          Is there money to be made in welding,Im thinking of taking classes at the local college,the 2 days im off at work cause of work share
          if you own ur own company and have good resources and willing to do any job then it can be, my boss has a welding company also(i work in the trash part) he prob does double what he makes in garbage

www.lostocco.com
          2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

You'll be set if you can get into a union
            Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
            SOLD- Kinda miss it
            94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
            SOLD- Good riddance!
            2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

My buddy has been doing custom metal fabricating and welding out of his garage for many years. He recently took the buy out at GM and opened his own shop. It is called Jakes Performance Fabrication. He seems to be doing very well. He mainly builds full tube chasis and custom frame work but he will do just about anything related to metal fabrication.

If you feel this is your calling, I say go for it.

Btw, the sign is fake. I photochopped it before he opened his shop.
              LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Under water welding big bucks.
                Blazer

Comment

Working...
                X