Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• long distance parking...

LOL.. I reached a new level today.....

sunny day this afternoon, took the vette to the new gym here in town .... got there, and the place was jammed... the whole shopping center lot... i usually park it right by road just the otherside of where you will see it in the pic, on the end... nobody goes down there.. but there were cars everywhere...

so I drove around scoping out the situation... almost went home (1.5 miles) and came back in the commuter van... then spotted the Cardinal Bank... its a slow bank... there are parking places in back of it for some reason.... the customers use the side and front of course... so i parked the vette on the end in the back, and a huge picture glass window in the bank faces those parking spaces (security)...

I could see it from inside the gym through the windows too..

on the way out of the gym I thought I would cell phone pic it... LOL

anal? hell yeah....dont want no rowdy kids and lame ass folks walking all around it, brushing up against it, or whatever.. "out of site....out of mind"......

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

That's me, even though I haven't washed and kept mine up as much as I should, I keep parking way off someplace so nobody can ding it.
    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

I park way out in the other end too. It has always cracked my up how people will go to the gym and fight for an up close spot just to go work out. If you are going to work out what is walking a little farther going to hurt.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I honestly don't blame you. I'd do the same thing if I had a vette. Actually, I'm too lazy to walk that far, I'd have driven home and grabbed the van if it were me.

It's sad but aside from careless people, there are people who will go out of their way to damage the car because of how nice it is.
        97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Looks like a cell phone picture. I do not care where you park some fool will get your car sooner or later. Some do it for the sport I think.
          Blazer

Comment

I've trained my wife to do the same. When we first started dating, she was an up-front parker. Now? She looks for the perfect, distant spot next to a curb (protects one side of the car). She used to hate the way I parked until her brand new Bravada back in 99 was dinged by someone who could care less.
            SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
            17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
            Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

I have to admit, I tend to leave the Z06s at home more often when I know I won't be able to watch them. My first Z (2002) was vandalized in my friends apartment complex after only being inside with her for a 20 minutes or so. It was parked in her reserved covered stall.

If I can't see my car most of the time when I am inside, I don't drive a nice one. That's what my beaters are for.
              LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Steel2686
                I've trained my wife to do the same.

Now, that statement all by itself is PRICELESS! Haha
                Al 96 Ram Air T/A
                Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman

If I can't see my car most of the time when I am inside, I don't drive a nice one. That's what my beaters are for.
                  I do the same thing. Unfortunately that means some cars never get driven anymore. My buick has been involved in attempted theft on 4 occations. The first one was during the care of the previous owner, the last three were with me. The attempts were never successful, all that was done was damage to the car. The alarm and hidden kill switches always did their job. Now the car leads a lonely useless life under a car cover and lifted off the garage floor.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                    I do the same thing. Unfortunately that means some cars never get driven anymore. My buick has been involved in attempted theft on 4 occations. The first one was during the care of the previous owner, the last three were with me. The attempts were never successful, all that was done was damage to the car. The alarm and hidden kill switches always did their job. Now the car leads a lonely useless life under a car cover and lifted off the garage floor.
                    Isn't it a shame that we have to limit our enjoyment of our cars because of the scum bags in this world?

If they all disappeared tomorrow, no one would miss them.

Comment

Isn't it a shame that we have to limit our enjoyment of our cars because of the scum bags in this world?

amen.

if i cant see the vette.. and get to it quick.. i dont drive it. ive not driven it to that gym since this pic was taken. just taking the van now. even though i can see it...its too far.

lack of respect for others personal property is on the top of my life for hating people.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
                        lack of respect for others personal property is on the top of my life for hating people.
                        ^ truth...I feel the same way.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Instead of admiring the car, some people like to vandalize what they can't have.
                          SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

here's another one. I was living down in the Palm Beaches and every Saturday night my son and I went to the area hot rod cruise at a local burger joint. One day in particular, we went early to grab dinner and the best parking spot for the Buick. I parked, we went in and sat down with a few other folks there for the cruise and placed our order. That's when one of the guys said "Isn't that your Buick there?" and motioned in a pointing manner. I turned around in time to see a group of teens standing in front of the GN and one of them steps back and sits down on the nose of my car! I got up, went ouside and while keeping my cool, said "Do you mind not sitting on my car?" I get an annoyed look and he stands up and rejoins his group. no apology, nada.... just an annoyed look. The punk is lucky I didn't break his little arse into pieces the size of toothpicks.

Yep. No consideration of others and their property.

Comment

I can relate. I went to a car cruise at a local church late last year. The show was about to close and my buddies and I were just standing around talking about where we were going to go next. A group of teens runs over to my TT car. One lays his hand on the top of the car and leans inside the car. Another one puts both of his hands on a fender and leans over to get a closer look at the engine.

I didn't say a word. I just waited for them to finish, walked over and closed the hood and we all left.

Comment

Working...
                              X