Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spring/Summer gathering...looking for the old timers...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring/Summer gathering...looking for the old timers...

I'm in the thought process now of trying to get a huge Fbody gathering of all the old fbody crowd from the late 90's -early 2000's. The ones I met when I got into these cars back then. There were alot of SLP board people and fbody.com and the now defunct MAFBA. These people mainly dropped off the face of the planet and I'd like to get everyone together again. It's sad to remember how it used to be back then as to compared to now. Its just not been the same since they quit making the fbody.

I certainly would like the newer people to attend too by all means but I definately am going to try hard to get my old friends back!

Any thoughts? Any interests?

2000 Formula
    Custom flame job, SLP Headers & ORY-pipe, Whisper Lid, Free Air Mod, Ported MAF, Loud Mouth Cat Back, BMR LCA's, Other stuff that Im too lazy to list right now

Hi Girl,

I remember a group from way back when. We ended up having a meet in southern Kansas. I posted one day on LS1 tech and a few of them pm'd me. Sure brought back memories.

Good luck on your quest.
    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Thanks Norm and yes you're one of my original friends . You should visit out here for it!

2000 Formula
      Custom flame job, SLP Headers & ORY-pipe, Whisper Lid, Free Air Mod, Ported MAF, Loud Mouth Cat Back, BMR LCA's, Other stuff that Im too lazy to list right now

Comment

Hey Michelle...I'm still here. I've been online since the early SLP message board of 95. This marks my 14th year... (where has time gone??)

I don't necessarily think the passing of the F-body is as much to blame as just the state of the world we live in. Between the failing economy, sky-rocketing prices, higher and higher taxes, people losing their homes and jobs, wars around the globe, etc. etc. etc....people are just plain exhausted.

I too miss the old days when we got together at shows and events like SLP Day and all, but have come to realize that I won't be able to do that again any time soon. If you look at the whole car-enthusiast scene...we are a dying breed. It's hard enough just surviving now-a-days, never mind spending money and (precious) time on a hunk of metal and plastic (shudder the thought, I just called my car a "hunk of metal and plastic" ). As much as I enjoy my hobbies, reality has hit home...I need to focus on my family, which doesn't leave very much time for me. The thought that my oldest (son) turns 10 Friday is really hitting hard (you mean I'm not 17 anymore??? How'd that happen???)

I'm still going to post on here however, as I refuse to let this go. I've also made the decision to keep my car (it's now a year by year decision) for another year, so I'm doing what I can to "keep hope alive".

Who knows? Maybe in a few years, we can dig up this email and all have a good laugh...it would be nice if we could all turn back time and enjoy living again, without having to worry about the problems of the world knocking on our door.

Stay in touch whatever happens.
        Al 96 Ram Air T/A
        Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Crap....... that's starting to seem like we're all gettin' old.

well..... some got there already.

Comment

Hey Al...long time it has been indeed and I hate getting old. It is hard to believe how much time as passed and its scary actually. I am not talking about now with the cars it was back in 2002 when people just stopped being interested when they stopped making the fbody. It was like as soon as they announced it people sold their car left and right! The economy was fine back then. I'm in much better shape financially now then I was back then for sure. I'm not rich but I'm not living in a cardboard box.

I will hold on to my car forever because I dont want to be like my mom and regret selling it. I love it far too much and it's an important part of my life and who I am. I'll be 90yrs old and still driving it! Tee hee . I hadnt done much with my car after I left the ex in 2004 till 2007. I just didnt have any money and barely afforded food, then I had major surgery in 2006 but it's been better ever since.

I just keep going down memory lane lately

This is what my car looks like now ....its also in the current LS1tech calendar with me beside it

2000 Formula

Comment

Howdy I still perouse here, Chirpthird, & LS1tech. You should post more often here
              Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
              Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
              pics and info

Comment

We already have a gathering thread going on at the top of the non-tech page. feel free to throw your 2 cents in! And yes, I was a member of MAFBA...
                Dave M
                Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Ok thanks. Now how comes I dont remember you?

2000 Formula

Comment

Burger King on a Saturday night ???? lol

Oh the memories.............

Comment

Originally posted by JUICEDSS
                      Burger King on a Saturday night ???? lol

Oh the memories.............
                      Ahhh the memories! . I'm still going to BK. When was the last time you were there?? 2003?

2000 Formula

Comment

I still remember when I finally found my M6 '97 and drove it off the lot...joined this board two years later. It has been a long time. I never was involved in any gatherings because I live in Colorado...not much out my way. Although I talked to Knightfire and another guy on occasion.

I have to say that I am guilty of losing interest in the f-body. I drove a '75 T/A, '80 Camaro, '90 Firebird, my '97 T/A and of course I will always own my '79. I had to sell my '68 Firebird 400 project because of my custody case. I guess I am tired of them. I also live up in the mountains so I am more interested in 4x4s and off-roading. Most of my time and energy is put on my 4x4s and ATVs.

I think the biggest problem that you are facing is that like me, people moved on to other things.

I doubt I will ever sell the '97. It isn't worth anything so why bother. I may get to the engine build and supercharger project someday...who knows.
                        '77 K5 rock-crawler project
                        '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
                        '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
                        '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
                        '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                        My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                        Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Good to hear from you, Michelle. I still have a photo somewhere of our cars at the Cops 'n' Rodders show in North Brunswick NJ. I think I qualify as the "oldest" of the "old timers"..... collecting Social Security, but still working a 50-60 hour week to have a decent income. Result is I have no time at all for my car, so it sits in the garage and collects dust.

It would be good to have an East Coast reunion, but I'm not sure if the car is up to a long drive. I do still have my trailer in storage in PA, so I might be able to tow it a fair distance.

Regards!!
                          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Fred!!! Dear ole Fred!! Long time no see huh? See...it's been too long!

2000 Formula

Comment

Working...
                            X