Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help dropping a couple of pounds...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help dropping a couple of pounds...

Ok, I need to lose 6 pounds ASAP. I am joining the Air Force and for my height i need to be no heavier than 175 pounds. I am at 181. So far i've lost 26 pounds in about 2 months. I was at 207 for those who don't want to do the math . Well i've been stuck at 181 for about a week and a half now, and I don't know why? My calorie intake is about 1300 a day, and i've been running nearly every day with LIGHT weight work outs every other day.

Do you guys have any suggestions on what i should do to lose these last few pounds? Thanks guys.

edit: The 1300 calories is spread out through the day through 4-5 meals.
    2006 Saturn Ion Redline
    2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

What makes up those 1300 calories? you might be starving yourself, throwing your metabolism into conservation mode.

Comment

its usually 2 protein shakes (260 cal. each) a gronalla bar (160 cal.) and a dinner. Sometimes a 2nd granolla bar. The thing is that while i do feel hungry sometimes, i am not feeling starved at all.

I'm also taking multivitamins to make up for any vitamin loss from the lack of "real" food.
      2006 Saturn Ion Redline

Comment

I was on lasik for 3 weeks. Its a water pill. I lost 27 pounds in 1 month due to my kidney failure( I gained a ton of weight from all the meds)
        2000 Z28 SLP sub frames, J&M LCA's, KYB shocks, Waitforme tuning. Ported TB & intake 35/22 swaybars, Firehawk tires

Comment

I'm not a big fan of "protein shakes" as a meal supplement. The human body does not process most of what's in those things well.

Why not eat?? 4-5 small meals is a far better way to eat right. Losing weight is not difficult if you remember to listen to what your body is telling you.

Allowing yourself 1300 calories per day is not bad, but it may be the type of calories that has caused you to plateau.

My plan: eat food, not shakes and granola. Our bodies work better when we diversify our intake...we are omnivores. Eat a well-balanced breakfast with plenty of fruits, nuts, and grains. If you need to add a shake to get protein, it's up to you. Just don't overdue how much protein your taking as your body can only use so much, than it stores the rest as fat. Yes- people don't realize TOO MUCH protein results in FAT.

Have a nice late morning snack consisting of more fruits and vegetables.

For lunch, eat REAL protein, like chicken or fish. You'd be surprised how few calories there are in chicken and fish if you prepare it properly.

Than have another snack in the late afternoon (no later than 3:00) consisting of more fruits, grains, and vegetables. Focus on UNPROCESSED foods...tip: granola is usually high in extras you don't need. Raw fruit and vegetables is far better for you.

For dinner, eat no later than 5 hours before you go to sleep. You're body needs time to properly process the nutrients. Eating late causing your body to store the food (as fat) rather than use it for building lean muscle.

Finally, drink plenty of water. Now, some would tell you we need 8 - 10 glasses a day (8 oz.) at a minimum. However, all people are different. Some need more, some less. You know how much you need...just make sure you adjust your needs depending on your day...more exercise, more water.

Losing weight is easy for me...not so much for others, I understand. But most of the time, these people are looking for the "magic pill". We literally are "what we eat". Eating shakes and taking pills...is that what we did thousands of years ago?? Supplements are fine when our diet is lacking, but not a replacement for good food.

And whatever you do...don't starve yourself. You'll screw up your metabolism and struggle. You need to keep your metabolism moving, and eating more frequently is the trick.

Good luck...
          Al 96 Ram Air T/A
          Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Originally posted by Al 96 Ram Air T/A
            Allowing yourself 1300 calories per day is not bad, but it may be the type of calories that has caused you to plateau.

He should up his calories a lil bit, maybe to 1500

mine calories are bout 2K a day, i wieghed 215 in feb of 2007, i started working trash in may of 2007 and since then ive lost prob close to 40-50lbs in fat, and gained 15-20lbs back in muscle. im in the best shape ever, thanks to work
            2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

intro: cardio and light weight lifting, more reps, more sets, less weight, cardio pace.. along with no junk food, no trans fats, low carbs, no fried foods, no soda, lots of water.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
              Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
              sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Or you can have ken chase you with a wolfdog.
                2000 Z28 SLP sub frames, J&M LCA's, KYB shocks, Waitforme tuning. Ported TB & intake 35/22 swaybars, Firehawk tires

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
                  intro: cardio and light weight lifting, more reps, more sets, less weight, cardio pace.. along with no junk food, no trans fats, low carbs, no fried foods, no soda, lots of water.
                  Thats pretty much been my schedule for the past 2 months. I've already lost 26 lbs....just seem to be stuck at the last 6 I'll try replacing some "meals" with fruit and veggies and see how that helps. Thanks for the input guys.

Any more suggestions are welcome
                  2006 Saturn Ion Redline

Comment

Originally posted by ryan34
                    Thats pretty much been my schedule for the past 2 months. I've already lost 26 lbs....just seem to be stuck at the last 6 I'll try replacing some "meals" with fruit and veggies and see how that helps. Thanks for the input guys.

Any more suggestions are welcome
                    Pay for a session or 2 with a PT and COMPLETELY change what you are currently doing. Your body has adjusted to the diet/exercise routine you are currently following, thus the plateau you are currently on. You need to shock your body to get it to move off of that plateau.
                    My DD
                    2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

Working...
                    X