Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm baaaaaaaack

Time for my annual resurface!

Sorry for the absence everyone. Life's been a little hectic with work, ministry and g/f keeping me busy. But, I figured I'd drop by and say hey to everyone here. Just to let you all know what's been going on with me, here's the skinny...

Work:
    Not sure if I posted this or not, but I was promoted at the end of 07 at the church I work at. I am now, for all intent and purposes, the IT dept. While I'm not considered a supervisor (thank heavens lol), but I have a lot of the responsibilities of the the supervisors there (including my former IT supervisor). The pay is good, work is challenging and the hours are good. I can't complain one bit.

Ministry:
    The church recently started a ministerial internship program, which licenses those who are nominated to the program to be officially licensed ministers of the church. Well, I am one of the 19 in the first year of the program, which is pretty cool. I am leading a young singles/young families ministry along with possibly preaching at 2 other churches along with the one I work at. While this is a huge responsibility, I must say I am deeply honored to have this privilege.
    NOTE: This is NOT a plug for my beliefs. I am merely putting this in to let everyone in on what has been happening. Please do not use this a means to bring about a religious debate.

My girlfriend:
    We just celebrated our first-year anniversary of dating back in Nov. I must say that, while this relationship has been more challenging than I thought it would be, it is one of the best things to happen to me. She is nothing short of an amazing woman. Here's some pics...

That was when we started dating.

This was at the Culinary Institute of America in St. Helena. Very beautiful place. Of course, I'm more partial to the company.

This was on the cliff overlooking the beach at Pt. Reyes that leads to the Pt. Reyes Lighthouse.

And here's how we got there. lol

The cars:
    Yeah, I know, this is what you guys really care about. lol j/k :P

Well, I haven't had much of a chance to work on the Z yet. I spent most of last year working on the GN. Thanks again to Craig for the help. While she's still not done, she's much better now than she was before. This year is going to be dedicated to getting my Jeep back up to snuff. On the list of things is:
    new springs and shocks
    new tires
    new fluids
    new carpeting
    install new seat frame for driver's seat
    replace any bushings that need replacing
    and other stuff lol

And on the list of things done to the GN last year:
    ES front sway bar bushings
    new front rotors, bearings and Hawk ceramic pads
    Sphon lower A-arms
    Spohn CM upper A-arms
    Kirban front springs
    Bilstein front shocks
    HR Parts & Stuff poly motor mounts
    2.5" exhaust pipes with Magnaflow mufflers
    Spohn rear LCAs
    Kirban variable-rate rear springs
    Bilstein rear shocks
    Spohn rear UCA housing poly bushings

So, that's what's been going on with me. I'll be posting on here more as I have the time. Take it easy everyone.
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Congrats! Glad everything is going in the right direction.

Comment

+1
      Do you mind if I ask what the name of your church is?
      Greg W. in West Michigan
      1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
      1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
      1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
      1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
      1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
      <Motor out

Comment

She's purty
        Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
          Congrats! Glad everything is going in the right direction.
          Thanks dude

Originally posted by FroSSty
          +1
          Do you mind if I ask what the name of your church is?
          I work at Fremont Community Church. Its kinda funny when I mention I work at FCC to some people. lol

Originally posted by DJ Taso
          She's purty
          Yeah, I think so too.
          Steve
          79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
          87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
          93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
          http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso
            She's purty

Yep she is...and so is the car.

Wait...what just happened?
            Al 96 Ram Air T/A
            Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Working...
            X