No announcement yet.

How I Made a 1,474-Megapixel Photo During President Obama’s Inaugural Address

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How I Made a 1,474-Megapixel Photo During President Obama’s Inaugural Address

Found this on another board

How I made a 1,474-Megapixel Photo
    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

"This Account Has Exceeded Its CPU Quota"
    It opened the second time.

I did something like that with a mountain picture. It's difficult because a camera wraps a round world to a flat piece of paper. So when you take 2 pictures beside it other the curvature of them are opposite and don't line up. The more overlapping you do the better it looks. Also I learned to take the picture in full manual mode. Any shutter speed or aperture change changes the brightness of the picture. So then you are lining up a darker picture by a brighter picture. Overcast helps too as it makes the lighting more uniform.

But it looks like he did a good job.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

If you look directly above Bush. About 3 rows, there is a black hat that is just floating in the air above a man with a grey hat on. Also the bottom of a mans face with the face of a woman, with a big grey bow on her head, above it.

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
      '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
      Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

Originally posted by bru333
        If you look directly above Bush. About 3 rows, there is a black hat that is just floating in the air above a man with a grey hat on. Also the bottom of a mans face with the face of a woman, with a big grey bow on her head, above it.
        Since people move around slightly as the photos are taken, there are a few small glitches in the image. The software did a fantastic job, however, and there is amazing detail when you zoom all the way in.
        The hovering hats, faces and hair is pretty funny though...
        Greg W. in West Michigan
        1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
        1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
        1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
        1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
        1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
        <Motor out

Comment

Originally posted by bru333
          LOL. That's funny. Like I said, it's hard to get the picture right merging them.
          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Working...
          X