Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"cap-and-trade" - - Welcome to the new energy depression!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "cap-and-trade" - - Welcome to the new energy depression!

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/new...s-stealth-tax/

Article from my local paper.
    '77 K5 rock-crawler project
    '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
    '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
    '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
    '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
    My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

cap and trade of _______ <<<<< "insert emission here" is just a new wayu to silence the greeinies,using the greenies own beliefs against themselves, to make a les-than-honest profit. THe people proposing this are BANKERS, CEO'S, and those who are "in" with those who will make a killing creating this new market, NOT the tree huggers!!!

In the end, if you overlook this entirely, and we impose such a system, it is still pointless, unless other countries move away from coal or fossil fuels as an energy source. Even if we move our emissions of CO2 to ZERO, China will be making up for here in less than a decade (they are opening like 80+ COAL power plants every year!!) ... ALL countries will have to be on board,with this and sure to bet that 3rd world countries will object as it will halt/artificially control any development they have in it's tracks due to the increase of energy costs (keeping the rich countries rich and the poor, well... poor!) . Any real solution will have to be unitedly global in scale and nature!

Not to mention all the science is not in... but that's not stopping your Representatives, and Sentators passing shoddy legislation for it!
    Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
    Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
    pics and info

Comment

(even though the public now ranks global warming dead last among 20 concerns, according to The Pew Research Center),
      THIS !
      Greg W. in West Michigan
      1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
      1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
      1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
      1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
      1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
      <Motor out

Comment

Working...
      X