Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You think your life is worth $1000?

Link

I think it is BS that they did this to him(a WWII vet no less) and I hope they make some serious policy changes.
    Greg W. in West Michigan
    1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
    1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
    1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
    1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
    1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
    <Motor out

Sometimes it feels as if our society is driven by money and not the important things in life.
    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

you hit the nail on the head ^^^

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

A "limiter"? Sounds like he popped a breaker- the article says he exceeded his allowed usage- probably from running electric heaters because of the price of heating oil- Criminal how this country treats it's veterans- people that gave years of their lives to keep this country free and strong-

Not to hijack this thread, but, if you want to see a really moving music video about the problems the vets coming back from Iraq are facing, watch the video on www.bornagainamerican.org really nice, many different people from all over the country singing about the jobs that aren't here any more, and how big government doesn't seem to follow the will of the people of the country- It doesn't have anything to do with parties, democratic or republican- I am afraid it is a bigger issue than just that-
        2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
        "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

A good friend of mine, an army recruiter of 22 years, and Iran Hostage for nearly a year back in 1979, after his younger son was thrown away because he had PTSD from the situation in Iraq, and the other people he helped recruit in his own free time (retired with 100% pay ) came back and told all the same story .... (he no longer recruits in his free time)

and I quote

They are not taking care of their own
          now just imagine being a veteran, if that is how our current troops are being dealt with .

Like Performin Normin , it's all about money
          Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
          Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
          pics and info

Comment

Not to be devil's advocate here, but the company does not have access to his age or financial records as stated in the article. Where were the neighbors?

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Joshu
              Not to be devil's advocate here, but the company does not have access to his age or financial records as stated in the article. Where were the neighbors?
              Yet, somehow, Consumers Energy does? Obviously they do as it states in the article that they cannot turn off electric/gas on the elderly.
              Greg W. in West Michigan
              <Motor out

Comment

I heard someone wonder if it is another company that has been bought up by a foreign company... My local power company is now owned by a global company based in the U.K.- I wonder if they even are affected by the laws of this country-
                2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
                "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29033269/

Comment

Wow...just wow.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by JasonG
                      I am wondering if he had the money in the bank or if it was life insurance. Because if he had THAT much money and just decided he wasn't gonna pay...
                      Greg W. in West Michigan
                      <Motor out

Comment

Working...
                      X