Anti-Zaino

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti-Zaino

Ken, my brother is dropping Zaino for something called Pinnacle. As you know, I've been a long time Zaino user...and he's been using for a couple years when he got his yellow S2000.

He's been complaining that Zaino is too difficult to use with too many variations. I of course have been trying to convince him other wise.

Anything I can say about this Pinnacle to sway is opinion?

http://autogeek.net/pitwspof.html

He says that he can't use an orbiter with any Zaino products...I cant say I've used an orbiter before since I do eveything by hand.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Regarding the Orbital...........this is from Zaino's web site http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...=Z#anchor37123

With the exception of Fusion, I don't see any reason to use an orbital anyway. It takes far less time to apply Zaino by hand than it does with an orbital.
    2000 Camaro SS..........6 speed triple black

Comment

the main thing that I can think of is that wax based products don't last very long. The sun cooks it fairly quickly, Zaino lasts longer than any of the other wax based products.

Comment

Yep, I remember Ken saying he uses an orbital. He'll chime in I'm sure.
        Greg W. in West Michigan
        1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
        1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
        1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
        1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
        1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
        <Motor out

Comment

i use the porter cable, but not on my cars, only the Envoy and now the Yukon.. I prefer to do my cars by hand. its very simple to use it with zaino.. i have no idea where your broh is coming from.........

pinnacle has been around forever... like joe said.. its a wax.. durability is about 5 compared to zaino's 10. and optical clarity is not nearly as good as zaino either..plus, it does not layer... but then..his car is yellow......so....i guess optical clarity is not that big of an issue......

in the long run... he'll be sorry he switch... when he has to dig bugs out of the nose on the car, rub the heck out of the tar that hits, etc....

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Zaino nuff said......
            2000 Z28 SLP sub frames, J&M LCA's, KYB shocks, Waitforme tuning. Ported TB & intake 35/22 swaybars, Firehawk tires

Comment

Great stuff...gonna have him read this.

I've always did everything by hand...apparently, he used his orbital to remove Zaino yesterday. Why? I guess it's easier... but he's staying Zaino, and I'll still have him read this!

Hooya!

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
              Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
              B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
              Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
              Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Working...
              X