Gun Owners...may want to track this

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun Owners...may want to track this

If you own and enjoy your firearms, you may want to track this. The successful passage of this legislation would threaten your Second, Fourth, and Fifth amendment rights.

Blair Holt Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 - HR 45

If this passes you will have two years to register. (yourself and your guns). The required destruction of data in accordance with Brady will be replaced with a national database.

Summary:

Amends the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act to prohibit a person from possessing a firearm unless that person has been issued a firearm license under this Act or a state system certified under this Act and such license has not been invalidated or revoked. Prescribes license application, issuance, and renewal requirements.
    Prohibits transferring or receiving a qualifying firearm unless the recipient presents a valid firearms license, the license is verified, and the dealer records a tracking authorization number. Prescribes firearms transfer reporting and record keeping requirements. Directs the Attorney General to establish and maintain a federal record of sale system.
    Prohibits:
    (1) transferring a firearm to any person other than a licensee, unless the transfer is processed through a licensed dealer in accordance with national instant criminal background check system requirements, with exceptions;
    (2) a licensed manufacturer or dealer from failing to comply with reporting and record keeping requirements of this Act;
    (3) failing to report the loss or theft of the firearm to the Attorney General within 72 hours;
    (4) failing to report to the Attorney General an address change within 60 days; or
    (5) keeping a loaded firearm, or an unloaded firearm and ammunition for the firearm, knowingly or recklessly disregarding the risk that a child is capable of gaining access, if a child uses the firearm and causes death or serious bodily injury.
    Prescribes criminal penalties for violations of firearms provisions covered by this Act.
    Directs the Attorney General to:
    (1) establish and maintain a firearm injury information clearinghouse;
    (2) conduct continuing studies and investigations of firearm-related deaths and injuries; and
    (3) collect and maintain current production and sales figures of each licensed manufacturer.
    Authorizes the Attorney General to certify state firearm licensing or record of sale systems.
    '77 K5 rock-crawler project
    '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
    '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
    '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
    '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
    My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Here is a link where you can read the whole thing.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.R.45:

If this passes you will have two years to register. (yourself and your guns).
    riiight....registration worked so well in Canada why not do it here...

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
    '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
    Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

right, keep the guns away from the people, in the hands of the crooks... That did wonders for D.C. and detriot . I don't own a gun, but I don't want anyone to be treated guilty, without trial, just due to gun ownership.

Seems this law is only good at keeping power away from the people so as the to protect the gvt 'guised as a "protect the children" and away from the people who are responsible!
      Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
      Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
      pics and info

Comment

Originally posted by Rhode Island Red
        right, keep the guns away from the people, in the hands of the crooks... That did wonders for D.C. and detriot . I don't own a gun, but I don't want anyone to be treated guilty, without trial, just due to gun ownership.

Seems this law is only good at keeping power away from the people so as the to protect the gvt 'guised as a "protect the children" and away from the people who are responsible!
        It sounds like you have a pretty good handle on the power play the democrats use. DC IS the evidence of that test. Although Detroit doesn't have any gun bans due to Michigan's pre-emption law, The People's Republik of Michiganistan requires every handgun to be registered...(including my AK pistol which legally I "could" carry concealed with my cpl )
        Greg W. in West Michigan
        1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
        1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
        1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
        1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
        1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
        <Motor out

Comment

Working...
        X