2009 Firehawk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Firehawk

Looks like Dave chose to ignore what we all said...what a shame. $60K????

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/02/23/p...ased/#comments

How silly...now wonder Pontiac gets no respect.

I like this guy's comments: "Kick A$$ Man! All I need is a mustache and a bull horn necklace!"
    Al 96 Ram Air T/A
    Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

For that much money and only a 12.6 1/4 mile?
    Pass......its gonna TANK
    2000 Z28 SLP sub frames, J&M LCA's, KYB shocks, Waitforme tuning. Ported TB & intake 35/22 swaybars, Firehawk tires

Comment

YEEEEEEEEEHAWWWWWW!

Forget Dave..........Failhawk

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

4 Door junk. If that is the best GM can do, let them go under.
        Blazer

Comment

What are they thinking???? Unbelievable... Who can afford those $$ in this economy... SLP missed the boat on this one...
          2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
          1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
          2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
          2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
          2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

O come on you guys, that is a beautiful tuner car! Stay tuned to your next Tuner Car issue for all the details...
            Greg W. in West Michigan
            1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
            1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
            1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
            1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
            1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
            <Motor out

Comment

It is limited to 250 cars. I tell you what it will be tough to brown-nose to those related in the auto industry and keep a straight "face" when talking about this incarnation of the firehawk. I think the overall general feel of F-body owners is a resounding NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! (save those mentioned above) Then again, I hope they sell them, best of luck in this business endeavor, as they will really need it this time!
              Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
              Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
              pics and info

Comment

for that price, get a CTS-V.............. no brainer.. which would you rather have?

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhode Island Red
                  It is limited to 250 cars. I tell you what it will be tough to brown-nose to those related in the auto industry and keep a straight "face" when talking about this incarnation of the firehawk. I think the overall general feel of F-body owners is a resounding NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! (save those mentioned above) Then again, I hope they sell them, best of luck in this business endeavor, as they will really need it this time!
                  shades of firehawk production in 91-92 era. thats why 93 came out with less a price a tag and less performance...

i'll be surprised if they sell more than 10 of these.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                  Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                  sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

What bugs me the most is a lot of us (me including) sent Dave emails trying to (nicely) explain to him why this was going to fail. More so, we tried to express that this will devalue the current Firehawks, and quite frankly, make the loyal Pontiac crowd face further ridicule.

In essence, Dave's summary response was - stick it! His general feeling was that he owned the Firehawk name and he could do with it what he wanted. He also stated that his "research" proved people look at the name with respect and will buy this vehicle because of it. (that was long before we knew he would be asking $24K over the cost of the GT).

I used to really admire Dave H. He seemed like a stand up guy years ago. But now, he's become a silly tuner salesman, as evidenced by his smutty ebay adds, "stickers for sale" schemes, and $25,000 headlights. He won't even use his real name on ebay to sell his junk, but goes by the name of Tinylittlecars. This car is the final death throws for SLP. Time for me to find a new windshield banner for my car folks...
                    Al 96 Ram Air T/A
                    Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

While I don't blame the guy for wanting to make a buck, and creating a limited-production niche car to do it, I have to question recycling the "Firehawk" name- sort of like GM using "Impala" on a FWD car- diminishes the history of a once proud name- Then again, the original Firehawk was a bolt-on package to a production car, similar to today- I guess he has the right, though many of the faithful are going to be offended-
                      2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
                      "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

...that's a winner

'77 K5 rock-crawler project
                        '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
                        '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
                        '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
                        '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                        My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                        Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Willy
                          While I don't blame the guy for wanting to make a buck, and creating a limited-production niche car to do it, I have to question recycling the "Firehawk" name- sort of like GM using "Impala" on a FWD car- diminishes the history of a once proud name- Then again, the original Firehawk was a bolt-on package to a production car, similar to today- I guess he has the right, though many of the faithful are going to be offended-
                          As for SLP's niche car? This will hold the niche as the Aztec.
                          '77 K5 rock-crawler project
                          '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
                          '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
                          '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
                          '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                          My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                          Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Joshu
                            YEEEEEEEEEHAWWWWWW!

Forget Dave..........Failhawk
                            Failhawk for sure
                            Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Further proof GM just doesn't get it.

I even had high hopes for the Chevy Volt. Now I'm hearing MSRP's of $40K plus. If you want your economy, you'll have to pay for it.
                              SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                              SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                              17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                              Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
                              X