Buying American - help me save GM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying American - help me save GM

I'm in the process of replacing a leased Honda by purchasing a new Buick Enclave CXL.

I am completely confused as to what incentives are out there. I do not trust the dealer-stealer-ship, so I'm trying to research this on my own.

GM is currently offering 0% for 60 months or $2,250 cash. In addition, they are offering $2,000 Lease 2 Buy cash if you currently have a lease (any brand - GM or not) expiring before 9/09. These two I'm certain on...they both expire 3/31/09.

I've also seen (Edmunds as well as KBB) list a $750 customer cash rebate, expiring 3/31/09.

Can anyone verify any/all of this for me? When I ask the salesmen...I get a deer in the headlights look. The price they quoted me is $1,100 above invoice...which is a joke. They also claim they don't receive 3% holdback on total MSRP...yeah, I believe that one too
    Al 96 Ram Air T/A
    Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

I would look in the newspaper and see if you can find a deeply discounted car.

The GM website should give you the offers.

I wished I could give you my GM Card earnings...I have about $8,000 now that will never get used.
    '77 K5 rock-crawler project
    '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
    '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
    '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
    '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
    My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Newspapers are little help...they advertise non-desirable models (mostly base) as teasers.

The GM website (including Buick) is very difficult to navigate. You really have to dig to find the current rebates. The only way I found out about the lease 2 Buy special was by entering it into Google. Otherwise, it's not even listed.

As for the GM card earnings...the rules were changed many years ago. When I bought my T/A, there was no limit so I used all $3,600 I had. Now, every vehicle is capped. On the Buick, you can only use $1,500. On most "better" selling vehicles the limits are low. I had well over $5K on my card, but slowly they are expiring. I stopped using the card because of the silly limits.

But thanks for the offer.
      Al 96 Ram Air T/A
      Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

When I bought the wife a 2008 Vue I no troubles finding rebates, discounts and the such on Saturn's site. I built my Vue the way I wanted, and the all the discounts applied depending on the trim level.

From what I remember...

$27,200 for a Vue XR 3.6 V6
        -$2000 rebates on a V6
        + Employee Pricing ($23,500)

I walked out, trading in my wifes 2004 Chevy Aveo ($4500) at $18,200 after taxes and title.

I'm pleased to say I'm still the GM family...next up is finding a replacement for the TA. At 272K miles...it's time.

Jeff, still eying that Vette. LOL!

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

I'm only 25 but gm's are all I've owned. I will never buy a honda or imported vehicle in my opinion they are over rated. Every make has ups and downs, and I have never had a major problem with any of my cars all of witch had over 100k execpt my silverado witch has 50k. From my experiance GM's only "major" downfall is their interior quility witch I can deal with, my 01 Intrigue was pretty good in that department though wish i didnt trade it in.

1994 Firebird Formula 138,000 Completly Stock

1995 Caprice 9c1 61,000
          2001 Intrigue GL

Comment

Originally posted by Christopherrr
            Jeff, still eying that Vette. LOL!
            You can get some really good prices now on used ones. It's going to be a beautiful weekend. Drop by www.buyavette.com on 85 and 285 and look around.

Oh and the Galaxy Diner car shows starts up April 4th. 1st Saturday of every month. The Atlanta Corvette club is suppsed to have a meet there. I am not sure when. I hope they will be in force at the show.
            2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Seems like GM heard my complaints (LOL) The site now shows both rebates.

Not sure what the issue was all week, but it's starting to get clearer. The $750 cash to customer still eludes me...but at least I'm making progress. Working on a few deals right now...at or well below invoice BEFORE any rebates are applied.

I may have a vehicle shipped to me, if it's too far to drive.
              Al 96 Ram Air T/A

Comment

Are dealers giving good money for trades right now? I'd consider trading my truck in for a new one if I wouldnt loose too much.

1994 Firebird Formula 138,000 Completly Stock

1995 Caprice 9c1 61,000
                2001 Intrigue GL

Comment

Originally posted by gimp19
                  Are dealers giving good money for trades right now? I'd consider trading my truck in for a new one if I wouldnt loose too much.
                  truck market is kinda low now, my buddy said a co worker walked off the dealer lot around here in a 06 2500 duramax silverado with 15K on it, fully loaded for 19K out the door. they wanted 25K for it
                  2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Done!

Thanks for the advice guys...I locked one down today. Will be picking it up Thursday.

Can't wait...2009 Buick Enclave CXL w/all the bells and whistles. Wahoo...
                    Al 96 Ram Air T/A

Comment

Originally posted by Trash man
                      truck market is kinda low now, my buddy said a co worker walked off the dealer lot around here in a 06 2500 duramax silverado with 15K on it, fully loaded for 19K out the door. they wanted 25K for it
                      I wished I had the money right now to buy the '03 Dodge Cummings Dually I really want/need.
                      '77 K5 rock-crawler project
                      '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
                      '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
                      '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
                      '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                      My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                      Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by markd79ta
                        I wished I had the money right now to buy the '03 Dodge Cummings Dually I really want/need.
                        i rather have the 02 and older style 24 valves with a 6spd, i kno they have less power, but they sound like a diesel should (i drive a Mack Rearloader every day) and are easier to lift
                        2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Al 96 Ram Air T/A
                          Thanks for the advice guys...I locked one down today. Will be picking it up Thursday.

Can't wait...2009 Buick Enclave CXL w/all the bells and whistles. Wahoo...
                          You definitely won't regret it. It seems that GM has really started putting some effort into their newer cars. The new Malibu, the Enclave, GMC's Acadia and the Saturn Outlook to name a few, have very well designed interiors. They don't have that Fisher Price quality to them. Not at all like the crap they had been putting out. Unfortunately, most of their cars still have a long way to go.

Everyone I know who has driven the Enclave loves it, myself included.
                          Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
                          SOLD- Kinda miss it
                          94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
                          SOLD- Good riddance!
                          2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Cool...that's good to hear. I took her for a 2 mile drive and said, "That's it..I'm sold!" The fit and finish absolutely blew me away. Mahogany steering wheel, burled camphor dash, french stitched (using silk) leather seats, extensive sound controlling materials in the windshield, doors, firewall, floor, & variable valve timing, Direct Injection motor, articulating HID lights,...this sounded more like a Lexus than a GM to me.

I was truly amazed at how nice it was...can't wait... My wife and I have really busted our butts to make this happen...we decided to treat ourselves to something nice for a change.
                            Al 96 Ram Air T/A

Comment

The Enclave is my fave of the Trio...I told my wife when we have a bigger family, we'd trade our Vue for one.

I loved the Enclave when it was just on paper...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                              Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                              B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                              Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                              Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Working...
                              X