Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Florida Hospital in Sebring locked down due to Anthrax scare.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida Hospital in Sebring locked down due to Anthrax scare.

Just great........ people in this world are so screwed in the head. Living proof the gene pool needs cleaning. I ran into this in Boynton beach and delray Beach after 9/11 and here we are again.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30009064/

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/new...x_scare_040209

I seriously need to get out of Florida. Wyoming is looking pretty good about now.

you know its a hoax, some p!$$ed off hospital employee... or "april fools" day late weirdo stuff.

joe... those folks are in every state, every county, every city, every block, of USA... .moving wont change a thing...

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
      you know its a hoax, some p!$$ed off hospital employee... or "april fools" day late weirdo stuff.

joe... those folks are in every state, every county, every city, every block, of USA... .moving wont change a thing...
      Yeah, I know it's a hoax. I'm just getting fed up with the incredible stupidity that I see in this bass-ackward state. The drivers are terrible, much of the population is in flux, lots of tourists, stupid laws, it's just getting too nutty.

"This morning's anthrax scare, which started at Florida Hospital Heartland Division, has spread to 22 locations in total, according to Highlands County Sheriff Susan Benton.

Samples have been taken to a lab in Tampa and it won't be known whether the envelopes contain anthrax until about 5 p.m"

Comment

It got a little nuttier for a few days, then got a little less nutty.

I was in Jacksonville visiting my cousin for five days and came home Monday. There is so much I love about Florida and so much I don't like. I've been all over that state (never lived there so I'm speaking strictly as a regular visitor. In no way am I an authority on this). Coming from New England, one thing that never ceases to amaze me is just how flat Florida is. Not that it's a bad thing, just really different from what I'm used to. Been there dozens and dozens of times and it is still something I notice when I touch down.

The laws are whacked. I'm with you there. SOME of the laws are crazy anyway. Some I actually like over CT.

The roads are in MUCH better shape than here (due to no plowing, winter salt, and frost heaving).

Cops always seem very active for traffic violations. This could be seen as a good or bad thing I guess.

Tons of "communities". They look real nice, but homeowners associations can be nazis.

Other than that, I'm on the fence. Thought about moving down there many times. Still do.
        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by Steel2686

Other than that, I'm on the fence. Thought about moving down there many times. Still do.

Add relentless fire ants, scorching summer temps, hurricanes, love bugs and shellrock pavement that chews up your tires very quicly.

Comment

I lived in FL off/on multiple times from late '82 to early '01. I've seen just about everything in that state (New England has it's own issues ) . My first time moving to the state was in a 82 Z28 rental. Each section of the country seems to have its own style idiot, moron, or mutual lack of common sense. I've been through 22+ hurricanes, tropical storms, depressions while I lived there. I've seen Ferari's race a blown Saleen. From Okaloosa Island (Now Santa Rosa) to Destin weaving in-and-out through heavy traffic. I've also seen what the shell-infused roads do to semi's treads (only South Carolina's I-95 is worse) . I've seen people spot-mark-hover in their full sized buicks for over an 1/2 hour just to to get a front spot at wal-mart when there was plenty of parking further back. Heck there was a stop light there in FWB that had a sign that said "This light never turns green" (made it to america's funniest home video's) . I've seen towns more than double in size!

But the stupidest of all is what I see how the locals handle a emergency situation, blow it out of proportion to the point of overkill, then as a result completely throw good common sense out the window, lenghthening the time it takes to remedy the situation. I tell you what It's not something in the water supply rather the problem is there, it's just too many people there. Worst of all it's getting evern more crowded - imagine in the year 2050 how crowded the roads will be not to mention the laws... Too many people in an area and you start seeing the oddballs, and inaction, overreaction (the case here) etc. and especially the nanny-state laws!!!!

I'm with you Joe! I for one been saying this for years myself of moving to Wyoming! (change my name to Habib too )
            Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
            Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
            pics and info

Comment

Originally posted by Rhode Island Red
              I lived in FL off/on multiple times from late '82 to early '01. I've seen just about everything in that state (New England has it's own issues ) . My first time moving to the state was in a 82 Z28 rental. Each section of the country seems to have its own style idiot, moron, or mutual lack of common sense. I've been through 22+ hurricanes, tropical storms, depressions while I lived there. I've seen Ferari's race a blown Saleen. From Okaloosa Island (Now Santa Rosa) to Destin weaving in-and-out through heavy traffic. I've also seen what the shell-infused roads do to semi's treads (only South Carolina's I-95 is worse) . I've seen people spot-mark-hover in their full sized buicks for over an 1/2 hour just to to get a front spot at wal-mart when there was plenty of parking further back. Heck there was a stop light there in FWB that had a sign that said "This light never turns green" (made it to america's funniest home video's) . I've seen towns more than double in size!

But the stupidest of all is what I see how the locals handle a emergency situation, blow it out of proportion to the point of overkill, then as a result completely throw good common sense out the window, lenghtening the time it takes to remedy the situation. I tell you what It's not something in the water supply rather the problem is there, it's just too many people there. Worst of all it's getting evern more crowded - imagine in the year 2050 how crowded the roads will be not to mention the laws... Too many people in an area and you start seeing the oddballs, and inaction, overreaction (the case here) etc. and especially the nanny-state laws!!!!

I'm with you Joe! I for one been saying this for years myself of moving to Wyoming! (change my name to Habib too )
              Holy crap. You DO know Florida.

Comment

All this pales in comparison to Binghamton, NY.

Wyoming is looking really good.

Comment

Working...
                X