New Camaro at NY auto show

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Camaro at NY auto show

I got to check out the new camaro first hand today at the NY auto show. It looks great from the outside, but the interior is tiny. I got to bash my head on the roof a few times just to get in, but I can live with that. Problem was I couldn't sit up straight, even with the seat all the way back. My head went right into the headliner, the roof is so low. It feels like the interior of a mitsubishi eclipse--way too small.
    Im a big guy at 6'2", but I fit in the dodge charger and challenger (and most cars) fine for comparison. I refuse to sit in a mustang on principle. Has anyone else seen one and had a similar experience? or am I just too big? I was so disappointed, guess GM doesn't make camaros in my size anymore. I guess there is always hitting the roof a few times with a BFH to make some more room.
    Red 92 camaro rs with a 305 TBI 4spd auto 2.73:1 rear with Spohn sway bars, hotchkis LCAs and panhard bar, Spohn wonderbar, and edelbrock strut tower brace, msd 6A box, coil and wires. BFG g-force supersport tires. 77K miles.

http://bananasaboutcars.com/projectcars-camaro1.html

I was driving my Firebird around and realized if not for the t-tops adding some interior height, I would probably feel cramped in it. The new Camaro, lacking in t-tops, probably would be the same. I'm 6'2" as well.

I guess I'll have to sit in one when I get the chance.
    1997 Pontiac Grand Am, 216k+ miles and still moving fast
    2004 Pontiac Grand Am SCT, but 35k on the clock
    1983 Male Driver, driving Front Wheel Drive only, for now

Comment

+1 I am 6'3'' and feel cramped in a buddies' Camaro but have plenty of room in my formy.
      Greg W. in West Michigan
      1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
      1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
      1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
      1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
      1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
      <Motor out

Comment

Originally posted by FroSSty
        +1 I am 6'3'' and feel cramped in a buddies' Camaro but have plenty of room in my formy.
        The Passenger side sucks in F-bodys.
        1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Comment

That sux. I'm 6'5", so I would be screwed. That's kind of not good news considering my wife is all for me getting one. (Even though we can't really afford it.) I'll have to go down to the local dealer when they hit the lots and check one out. Anyone know when they are supposed to be hitting the delaerships?

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by TODD 2000 V6 CAMARO
            That sux. I'm 6'5", so I would be screwed. That's kind of not good news considering my wife is all for me getting one. (Even though we can't really afford it.) I'll have to go down to the local dealer when they hit the lots and check one out. Anyone know when they are supposed to be hitting the delaerships?
            I think they were talking about making a t-top car. If so, that might be a good alternative.
            Greg W. in West Michigan
            1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
            1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
            1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
            1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
            1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
            <Motor out

Comment

yall should have seen me in that 08 Solstice GXP I had for a while... LOL... heck, Mary wouldnt even ride in it after the first time, and she's 5'10"...

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
              Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
              sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

If anything, I'd wait for the 'vert - no b-pillar and all the headroom you want. then again I might just get a C-6
                Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
                Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
                pics and info

Comment

Well then...just get the convertible!!

I'm 5'7" so this is good news for me. I always thought the 4th gens felt perfect. Once I got in, it fit me like a glove. Every thing was placed just right.
                  Joe K.
                  '11 BMW 328i
                  '10 Matrix S AWD
                  Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Originally posted by 96FirebirdFormula
                    A what?

Oh, passenger, those people that f-body designers don't really think about anyways. The driver is the only thing that matters in these cars.
                    1997 Pontiac Grand Am, 216k+ miles and still moving fast
                    2004 Pontiac Grand Am SCT, but 35k on the clock
                    1983 Male Driver, driving Front Wheel Drive only, for now

Comment

Originally posted by 96FirebirdFormula
                      Hmmm...The dog never seems to complain about it.
                      My DD
                      2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

dog love the passenger seat--the catalytic converter under the floor keeps it nice and warm.
                        Red 92 camaro rs with a 305 TBI 4spd auto 2.73:1 rear with Spohn sway bars, hotchkis LCAs and panhard bar, Spohn wonderbar, and edelbrock strut tower brace, msd 6A box, coil and wires. BFG g-force supersport tires. 77K miles.

http://bananasaboutcars.com/projectcars-camaro1.html

Comment

Jeez, I guess being 5'8" has its advantages
                          Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
                          SOLD- Kinda miss it
                          94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
                          SOLD- Good riddance!
                          2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Originally posted by Nightrage
                            Jeez, I guess being 5'8" has its advantages
                            All too true. I have a friend that is 6'7 that had to ride shotgun once. Spent most of the ride laid back and got out the same way.

Comment

Im 5'11" with shoes and Yeah Im Smack my head once in a while. It would be worse if i didnt have T-Tops.

Yall Are just to dang tall. Ya need to hunch down some!!
                              Eddie
                              2000 M6 Trans Am
                              Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Working...
                              X