Ace, my friend for 12+ years, passed away :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ace, my friend for 12+ years, passed away :(

This past Thursday, Ace, my german shepard, Doberman Pinscer mix, after a quick walk, had a seizure. I tool him to the vet, and had ome bllod and urine tests done and nothing. In the mean time he wouldn't walk far, had diarreah, and coughed.

Friday, the tests all came back negative, and he grew worse and worse. Last night he had labored breathing and groaning in pain. So this morning I took him to the vet Again. He would barely walk, and labored breathing, no appetite, and completely lethargic. I asked to get some X-rays done of the chest and abdomen. I get a call after leaving him there so they can run the tests, saying they found some cancer in the liver and the bag around the heart was filled with fluid.

I go in and the show me the X rays. It ends up he had cancer in the liver, spleen, heart, and the fuild pressure from the sac around the heart was preventing circulation. Doctor gave me fact that there was no way to save him

Ace was my friend who on ~08:30 on July 14, 1996 was the first of 13 born to my neighbors dog while we took care of her while they were on vaction. After shredded couches , a broken screen door, and a hole duc under the doghouse, I found Ace was just born. We brought the mother over and hepled deliver 12 other siblings. He was twice the size as the rest. At 4 weeks hold I was given him and the first thing he did was to look out the living room window and watch what was going on. Till the very, end he did this as this was his thing that he loved to do.

He will be missed. He was truly my best friend. One of the smartest dogs I have hever seen, met, known, or loved.

Rest in Peace
    Ace July 14th, 1996 to April 18th, 2009
    Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
    Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
    pics and info

I'm sorry for your loss. They are truely part of the family....
    2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
    1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
    2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
    2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
    2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

I am sorry to hear it RIR. God Bless.
      Greg W. in West Michigan
      1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
      1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
      1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
      1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
      1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
      <Motor out

Comment

Sorry for your loss.

Comment

sorry Brian. Mary said she talked to you. We know the feeling.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
            Sorry for your loss.
            "somethings coming"?........dont tell me........

new Camaro?....... you dog.

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
              "somethings coming"?........dont tell me........

new Camaro?....... you dog.
              Not yet, I never get a first year of production car. I'm think I'm for the ragtop.

Something else much sooner.

Comment

Sorry for your loss....
                Al 96 Ram Air T/A
                Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Thank's y'all

Had some rough moments but ended up talking with all the friends and family that knew him and traded stories about him. I'm gonna hold off getting another dog for a spell as I hope to move to warmer climate. If I land a job in CA, it'll involve travel. My next dog will probably be a Siberian Husky or a Corgie (type of my 1st dog). Much abliged for the comments
                  Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
                  Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
                  pics and info

Comment

Sorry for your loss. Sounds like you gave Ace a great life.
                    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Sorry for your loss.
                      It's never easy to lose a long time friend.
                      Hang in there and give it some time.
                      My DD
                      2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                        Not yet, I never get a first year of production car. I'm think I'm for the ragtop.

Something else much sooner.
                        herpes?

Comment

Working...
                        X