Ooooo, I love powder coating.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ooooo, I love powder coating.

Just got my intake and valve covers back from the coating shop. I think they turned out pretty sweet.

mmm...purrty.
    Greg W. in West Michigan
    1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
    1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
    1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
    1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
    1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
    <Motor out

Comment

Do you mind me asking how much that cost?
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_in_Atl
        Do you mind me asking how much that cost?
        Not at all. For the intake manifold, he cooks out all the crud, then a bead blast followed by the powder coat. That is only $45. I opted to add the valve covers and have everything sealed in clear powdercoat as well. Grand total was $140. Not only is the finish stellar, it's resistant to crud and oxidation. it will look great for years to come with only simple upkeep.

Comment

Are those for the Gran National?
          2006 Saturn Ion Redline
          2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
            Not at all. For the intake manifold, he cooks out all the crud, then a bead blast followed by the powder coat. That is only $45. I opted to add the valve covers and have everything sealed in clear powdercoat as well. Grand total was $140. Not only is the finish stellar, it's resistant to crud and oxidation. it will look great for years to come with only simple upkeep.
            That's not too bad. There is a place here in town that does powder coating. Next time I have a need....
            2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

Originally posted by ryan34
              Are those for the Gran National?
              this set is going in the GN. it's being de-modded to a certain extent so that it will be a more tame long distance cruiser. The goal is a still a relatively tame 115-117 mph in the quarter which doesn't need the gorilla block. That motor is out and will be refreshed...... to be put into..........

Just gotta wait and see.

Like my sig says, something's coming.

Comment

Hmm whatever happened to that fiero thing?

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Joshu
                  It in the garage, I'm going though it doing all the free manual labor items in order to make it worthy of show. I got it cheap, it needs lots of TLC.

Comment

Looks great. Love the color. Not far off from the air bridge on my turbo car.

LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshu
                      Yea I figured that block is going into the Fiero to make it perfrom like the body kit it has on it's frame.

Comment

Here'e the block. Fresh from the machine shop, oil galley smoothed and painted with glyptol for oil return flow.

Comment

Working...
                        X