missed the gym today.........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• missed the gym today.........

it all started Fri. night. some of you may remember...i made a post about out 11 year old golden, Shelby, back in Dec... diagnosed with cancer. carcinoma to be exact. the two tumors are near her right lung and heart......

in fact, my wife wrote a nice story titled "every day is a blessing" about Shelby......

between meds and diet..we have kept her alive, with a quality life too, no suffering......

friday night, she made a sound like a buffalo coughing, and out came this sticky white blob....the size of a tennis ball... there was no food in it...so we new it came from her lung...

rushed to vet . x rays.. the tumors, which had been at a standstill, had gotten larger within the last two weeks... and caused a fluid build up in her lung...

the vet.....said....and I will never forget this;.....'if it were my dog, i would put it to sleep'......... mary and i looked at eachother....then looked and her.....i said "my animal will tell me when its time............." we took her home...she's back on predisone and now lasix........and she's doing great ever since, even chased her ball Sat... . today, chased a squirrel along the fence line... eating like a horse, wagging her tail, and happy as can be........ i dont want to think about the people that took their dog to the vet and had the vet say what this lady did....then put their dog down prematurely.... killed their dog.... these last three days have been wonderful... and if she goes tomorrow..it was worth it...every bit of it.......be she's showing signs of being strong and comfortable.... as long as she's happy and comfortable... then she will be right here with us.....

so...the warden had to go up to northern VA today for a doctor appt and piggy back one for her 90 year old mom too... and its raining........

she said "i guess you wont go to the gym unless you walk since you wont drive your vette in the rain........ i said "im not leaving shelby alone for that long..... im here today.

1. counted out 115.00 in change from my change jar.
    2. installed new soft ware on my wifes computer and ran all the AS checks.
    3. Sharpened all the knives in the kitchen and my personal stuff.
    4. unloaded the dishwasher
    5. made lunches for the week at work.
    6. did two loads of laundry.
    7. did 5 miles on the treadmill.
    8. took the dogs out 4 times and dried them off before bringing them in.
    9. worked bi's and tri's with 20lb dumbells high reps fast pace.

Now.......she's home......

I can see now, retirement is ..........gonna be tough at first...

May 29th is coming fast.........

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Ken - You're absolutley correct. Enjoy Shelby... We did the exact same thing with our dog Shannon. We made may of trips and tried all the treatments and enjoyed her for 8 more months without her suffering.. When the end was near, Shannon let us know it was time... You and Mary know Shelby better than anyone and can tell how she's doing.. Enjoy every day...
    2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
    1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
    2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
    2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
    2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Gotta agree with you here, one's dog will let them know when it's there time. For the time Ace had his cancer it was the only last two days that really were the clue, but even the few weeks leading up to it he was lively and didn't let on he was in pain or anything except at bedtime (licking paws) .

consider retirement time well earned after 38 years for the fed gvt.
      Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
      Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
      pics and info

Comment

Every moment alive is a gift, enjoy the time you have.

Comment

You have been a good 'dad' to her, and she surely knows it. Keep her comfortable and feeling safe, and let her keep her dignity- she will let you know when she has had enough, and I am sure you will understand-

It is never easy to say goodbye- some of the canines in my life have been my very best friends- always there, always happy to see me, never judgmental when I was stupid- man's best friend, indeed-

God speed, my friend- she knows that she was loved and cared for-
          2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
          "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

Working...
          X