Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a member of our pack has fallen.........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a member of our pack has fallen.........

I've not been online, I saw it coming...and she let us know..
    she began to fail terribly today...

I held her tight, my head against hers, as she left. We had the vet come to our house....

She was one hell of a fighter...the strongest dog I have ever had...even stronger than my first wolfdog...

I fell apart after I followed the vet and his assist. back to the clinic to make sure she got there ok.

We will be getting her ashes back.

Cant type anymore. talk to yall later. thought you should know. Thanks to all that showed support for her.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

I'm sorry Ken, Shelby and your family will be in my prayers tonight.
    2006 Saturn Ion Redline
    2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Ken and Mary - Our thoughts prayers are with you. RIP Shelby
      2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
      1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
      2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
      2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
      2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

I'm sorry to hear this Ken. My heart goes out to you, Mary, Shelby, and the rest of your pack. Your family will be in my prayers.

Comment

Sorry for your loss Ken...she lived well, passed quickly, and is now in a better place.

Stay strong brother...
          Al 96 Ram Air T/A
          Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

That's exactly how my Rottie went, we were together as he left.

I'm right there with ya broh.

Comment

I'm very sorry Ken. She is in peace now.
              94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Man I am sorry to hear this. We that have been here since she came to you feel like we have lost one of our own family even though we have never met her. She is in a better place now. Rest in peace Shelby.
                2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I'm sorry about your loss, Ken. She was a great dog and had a loving family. God made a place for you too. You'll see it when you get there..trust me.

Hang in there friend. We love her forever too.
                  Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

I'm moved. The love you show to your pack is riveting. You and yours are in our prayers.
                    Greg W. in West Michigan
                    1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                    1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                    1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                    1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                    1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                    <Motor out

Comment

Ken,

I've been in that place where you are now, and it's a hard place to be in. A lot of people don't bond with pets in the same way that some of us do. For me it's just about as heartbreaking as losing any family member.

The only comfort you can take away from an experience like this is, unlike a human family member, you can put a limit on their suffering. One of the toughest decisions you ever have to make --- but the right one.

I love that picture of Shelby! What a face. She looks like she was an absolute sweetie.

How old was she when she passed on?
                      '94 Firebird Formula, Lt1, 6 speed, all stock

Comment

Originally posted by formula_gramps
                        Ken,

I've been in that place where you are now, and it's a hard place to be in. A lot of people don't bond with pets in the same way that some of us do. For me it's just about as heartbreaking as losing any family member.

The only comfort you can take away from an experience like this is, unlike a human family member, you can put a limit on their suffering. One of the toughest decisions you ever have to make --- but the right one.

I love that picture of Shelby! What a face. She looks like she was an absolute sweetie.

How old was she when she passed on?
                        thanks all of you.

yes, ive been here before, 5 times before.,.. each time feels like the first

shelby was a rescue...her age is uncertain...she was found wandering the streets for Stafford... it was guessed at 6 back then, so 11.5 years would be now......

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Sorry for you loss, man- you did all the right things- they are only with us for such a short time- love 'em, treat them good, and miss them as they move on-

You both enriched each other's lives- cherish the memories, and give the remaining members of the pack an extra hug-
                          2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
                          "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

I'm so sorry Ken.

I think we can all agree that Shelby hit the jackpot when you "found" her.

Now if you'll excuse me, I think I have something in my eye...
                            My DD
                            2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

Very sorry to read this, Ken. Shelby couldn't have hoped for a better life than what you and Mary gave her.
                              Joe K.
                              '11 BMW 328i
                              '10 Matrix S AWD
                              Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Working...
                              X