Relaxing after surgery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relaxing after surgery

had my knee surgery today, i torn the mensicus(sp?) in it last year but figured at the time i had just pulled a muscle, well it finally got to the point where it was hurting nearly everyday so i went to the doctor and got a MRI done and thats when they found the tear. so far no meds needed. i have a script for vicoden but doubt ill take that. the only pain was being there at 6:20 this morning to get orperated on. the funny part was when me and one of the nurses were talking bout happy gilmore then i woke up in recovery and another nurse is the mother of a girl who i went to school with
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Originally posted by Trash man
    so far no meds needed.
    Most of the pain from surgery will hit the day after.

Comment

oh fun, it was suppose to be nice tomorrow, i wanted to go fishing, well have to see then

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Trash man
        oh fun, it was suppose to be nice tomorrow, i wanted to go fishing, well have to see then
        You probably can... just don't write off the need for the pain meds just yet.

Comment

im not, just rather not take them, esp since i got a CDL. my buddy is gettin me after he does his brake lines for a lil bit of cat fishing tonight

Comment

Joe's right. The pain jits a day or two later. Mine felt like I was kicked in the side of the knee really hard. It was just a really deep sore feeling.

In a week or two, you'll be glad you had it done and didn't let it go.
            SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
            17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
            Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Man If I ever have to go through surgery, Ima get all the meds I can. But never broke a bone or nothing so never been to a hospital for my own reasons. lol
              Eddie
              2000 M6 Trans Am
              Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

heres the funny thing, no pain at all, its a lil sore but nothing that i need a pill for. the vicodin is still sitting on my counter, mostly becuz theres no pain but partly because im at work and cant drive a CDL truck while on that stuff. its bending pretty good but i aint pushing it for a while

Comment

That's great.

Comment

sounds like your doing well.. When I had my shoulder surgery a couple of years back, I never ended up taking anything other then advil.. I had the drugs, but just didn't take them.

I have a reaction to certain drugs and drugs like vicodin or tyleno with codeine string me out, just the reverse of what they do to most people. Tried them a few times for other surgery's, but not worth the side effects..

Most of the pain will be in the first few days. Keep icing it to keep the swelling down..
                    2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
                    1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
                    2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
                    2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
                    2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

knees are no fun....for sure .guy in my office got a brand new one in Dec..he's still limping..........

messed mine up years ago..took me over a year to get back halfway to normal...alls well now though...

best of luck

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

thanx guys. still holding up alright, no more cane for the time being but im not pushing my luck, still driving my pick up cuz its an auto(the z24 is a stick shift). altho the staples are starting to ich every now and then, cant wait to take them out.

Comment

Working...
                        X