Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having a hard time letting go....

Hey everyone,
    I got an offer on my car last night. I dont know if I can do it. Ive had the car for 7 years, have over 1000 hours into it and over 12k invested. I put it up for sale for financial reasons. But now, a couple weeks later, my financial position has changed to where I can now keep the car. However, I am wondering if I should sell it anyway. Afterall, I have already come to terms with selling it and I know that at some point I will want to get a nicer/newer car. On the other hand I am only getting $3800 for it and the car is worth much more to me. I guess it comes down to sell it now or keep it forever. What do you guys think? Im sure a few of you have been in a similar situation.

Thanks for all the help.
    No F-Body right now

Keep it. Think of it. Which move will make you happier?

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

It all depends on what you want. Close your eyes, relax for a few minutes and picture yourself as you want to be living in 10 years. Is having that car part of the picture? if not, let her go. If you do see it, then fight to do whatever it takes to keep it.

Comment

Almost the same thing happened to me when I sold my 2002 T/A. As Joe said, you need to really picture where you want to be in several years. Ultimately, I knew I could always replace it with something else or find the same model if I loved it that much.

I sold my car almost three years ago and can honestly say it was the right decision for me.
        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

I used to get attached to cars but after buying and selling quite a few, I kinda got over it. I decided it is more fun to own a diversity of cars. However, I seem to have gotten stuck on my latest and haven't had the urge to change as of late.

Like was already said. Do what makes you happiest. In the end, that is all that matters.
          LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

what he said. and... I finally found my swimming pond too.......

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
            Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
            sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Well. She is gone. Sold it a week ago yesterday. Did pretty good. Ended up getting $3700 for it. I havent been upset about it at all. Maybe it hasnt hit me yet, I dont know.
              No F-Body right now

Comment

I'm right there with you... got an offer on mine yesterday and I'm supposed to hear from them Sunday. I have to take it if they call and I said goodbye to two cars before this one, but it's hard to let the first car I bought with my own money go... something just doesn't seem right about it. I hope the girl takes good care of him... apparently it's her first car too and she's around my age, but you never know if someone appreciates it for the history behind it or just wants the look.
                '07 Black Tahoe LTZ (my new baby)

'96 White Firebird (sold )

Comment

Working...
                X