Jesse James and his Camaro

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jesse James and his Camaro

Anyone see the police persuit and Jesse James' LS1 last night? I thought the whole thing was silly and some parts were just ridiculous. Then there was the commentator who claims his Camaro on Nitrous had 800 hp. That means he had to have a h/c motor with a 300 shot. That's bogus, as I'm sure it was a stock LS1 with probably a 100-150 shot. They also go to claim the car hits 0-60 in 4.1 with this "800 hp", yet my 450 hp LT1 hits 0-60 in 3.9. How lame.

I would have at least thought it would be more interesting if the helicopter was chasing closely, then he would have hit the nitrous and started pulling away...just like the scene in "Gone in 60 seconds."
    94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Jesse also mentions in a TV spot for the show that the camaro had a LS2 in it.
    2000 Z28 SLP sub frames, J&M LCA's, KYB shocks, Waitforme tuning. Ported TB & intake 35/22 swaybars, Firehawk tires

Comment

Interesting. I never saw that and it looked to me that the motor was a stockish LS1. Even then, an LS2 on the spray is what, 500 hp. It's funny what they say on TV just to make it look impressive.
      94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

my vette hits 0-60 in 4.1......... stock.......

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I thought it was great an F-body was used over so many other options . ypou can watch the show on spike.com on Jesse James is a dead Man. If you listen to the idle, the car is cammed to boot. The fact that even on rims they had a hard time getting him show how great and bang for the buck the Camaro is Yes the show was filmed and not mentioned openly that is was at a officers training ground (old AF base) but still he was able to actually do it to close to the real thing and get cooperation of the fuzz to boot is a a minor detail. A camaro was used!!!
          Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
          Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
          pics and info

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
            my vette hits 0-60 in 4.1......... stock.......

Not with you driving. Unless of course hair spray is on sale! lol

Comment

Originally posted by JUICEDSS
              Not with you driving. Unless of course hair spray is on sale! lol
              you'd be surprised, juicy boy..........

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
              Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
              sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
                you'd be surprised, juicy boy..........

D&R
                2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Trash man

D&R

I know I am new but that is funny!!!! LOL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rhode Island Red
                    I thought it was great an F-body was used over so many other options . ypou can watch the show on spike.com on Jesse James is a dead Man. If you listen to the idle, the car is cammed to boot. The fact that even on rims they had a hard time getting him show how great and bang for the buck the Camaro is Yes the show was filmed and not mentioned openly that is was at a officers training ground (old AF base) but still he was able to actually do it to close to the real thing and get cooperation of the fuzz to boot is a a minor detail. A camaro was used!!!

The base was George air force base and is now Southern California Logistics Airport (SCLA) link the city of Victorville is trying to bring it back to life ...here is a map showing the public golf course and old housing area they filmed in link I know they rebuild and scrap planes there as well as a helicopter flight school. and several trucking companies I did not know about the driver training ...the last I heard they were trying to get the abandoned housing set up for low income purchase but i think it fell through to much $$$$ to make the homes liveable and since the base closed they have built 5 or 6 prisions to the south of the base. I guess the noise dosent bother the inmates...The road they started on (Shay rd) is a public street and the golf course is also public ....
                    1997 Trans AM WS6 vert
                    1 of 463
                    LT4 knock module
                    D. Goetz sub-frame connectors.
                    strut tower brace
                    SLP fan switch
                    160* t/stat
                    Drilled and slotted rotors/ Earls SS brake lines/ Hawk pads
                    DMS 1.5" progressive lowering springs

Pictures Here

Comment

Working...