Worried about our country....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worried about our country....

I am wondering if any of you people who voted for Obama are changing you minds.

More change you can believe in.
    http://www.nypost.com/seven/06172009...ks__174580.htm

California is the perfect example of the entire country's future. This country is headed for a fiscal meltdown.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

No big surprise... Unfortunatley tax rates are going to climb like crazy.

New York, is right behind CA in debt also and now the State senate is in a mess and they haven't done anything in weeks.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...72&ft=1&f=1014
    2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
    1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
    2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
    2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
    2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Brace for impact!
      Greg W. in West Michigan
      1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
      1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
      1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
      1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
      1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
      <Motor out

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_in_Atl
        I am wondering if any of you people who voted for Obama are changing you minds.

More change you can believe in.
        http://www.nypost.com/seven/06172009...ks__174580.htm

California is the perfect example of the entire country's future. This country is headed for a fiscal meltdown.
        Yeah I can't believe how he's single handedly driven the country into the ground in 4 months.

97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
          Yeah I can't believe how he's single handedly driven the country into the ground in 4 months.

Well it wasn't single handedly. He had lots of help from congress. But he is their leader.

Come on, where are all you guys that voted for Obama and the democrats. Still happy with your vote? I'm hearing crickets.
          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

Tell me about it...silence.

The Democrats have had a stronghold on my local, county, and state governments for over a decade. And during that time, the excuse was always, "It's Bush's fault we are in the sad state we are in..."

Well, now that he's gone, they have no one left to blame. So, they are turning on themselves. What a joke...amazing how people see things through Rose Colored glasses all the time.

BTW- if you haven't read it yet, read "Great Myths of the Great Depression" by Lawrence Reed. It's amazing how little we learn from mistakes of the past...we are doomed to repeat the same mistakes all over again.

I'm an officer in the Republican party in my county, but have chosen to sit out the next few years and watch. After running (and losing two elections for Mayor and Councilman) I'm hoping the fools get exactly what they asked for...great change, as in "Hey buddy, can you spare some change....I'm broke".

As for me, I can make money in good times and bad...
            Al 96 Ram Air T/A
            Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Jeff,

Oh they're definitely out there. I even see it amongst people up here the People's Republic of Massachusetts. Definitely a case of "buyers remorse" starting to become contagious. I empathize with them, as I had the same feeling during the first term of Bush, once I realized that his self-described status of being a "compassionate conservatve" apparently meant he was no kiind of conservative at all. The Farm Bill, the Steel tariffs, and the knuckling under to liberals regarding the airport screeners to make them all unionized government employees, and a host of other positions he took, drove the realization home.

Anyway, with regards to Obama, the Gallup Poll shows him a little higher, but I like Rasmussen better, because I think it more accurately represents the direction the votes will go in the next election. Gallup interviews "Americans"......this could be pretty much anyone. Rassumussen screens the interviews to only "likely voters". Some people never vote. So while it may be interesting as to what their opinion is, they have little impact on the direction of politics in this country.

This is not the most recent snapshot.....I think the numbers are even lower now. But the trends are unmistakable:

'94 Firebird Formula, Lt1, 6 speed, all stock

Comment

"Americans Increasingly Skeptical of Obama's Pledge of Fiscal Discipline as Deficit Grows"

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...deficit-grows/

Comment

Anybody live in Albany New York?
                  http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/24/ny...bany.html?_r=1

Comment

So much for bipartisanship.
                    http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=30667

http://yedda.com/questions/Democrats...9512718113101/

Comment

He definatly didn't do it himself we were already racing downhill when he took office.

There is no way anybody could have fixed the problems in four months, that said I dont agree with quite a bit of what he has done he's said one thing and done another like all politicians do these days.

1994 Firebird Formula 138,000 Completly Stock

1995 Caprice 9c1 61,000
                      2001 Intrigue GL

Comment

Take that trillion dollar stimulus and give it to the peps. That's over $3200.00 for every man, woman and child in the country. Instead of spending it on building a 3.4 million dollar turtle crossing. Yes, that's an actual stimulus project here in Florida. I could do some real stimulating with another $10,000 in my pocket.
                        Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

Originally posted by gimp19
                          He definatly didn't do it himself we were already racing downhill when he took office.

There is no way anybody could have fixed the problems in four months, that said I dont agree with quite a bit of what he has done he's said one thing and done another like all politicians do these days.
                          Just out of curiosity, beside Iraq and Afghanistan (never ending argument), what did Bush do to make the country race downhill? I'll give you one and that is the prescription drug plan. Add on some other ones. Compare and contrast them to what Obama and the democrats have done and spent in the last 5 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_in_Atl
                            Yeah, I live 20 miles from Albany, and even am a government employee- civil service, not a political appointee- Business as usual- the voting is this state disproportionally reflects the millions that live in the inner city of NYC- democrat-ville- instead of all the farmers and blue-collar labor from the rest of the state-

In the few months that Obama has been in charge, we have nationalize many of the largest banks, two out of three of the major auto manufactures, and run up, what double or triple the debt that it took Bush 8 years of war to develop- What's left for an encore- national health-care? Scary stuff-
                            2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
                            "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

never believed in him from day 1.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                              Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                              sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Working...
                              X