Here's why care must be used with fireworks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's why care must be used with fireworks

We had a little get together yesterday for a few of the neighborhood kids, parents too. I had purchsed a bunch of decent quality fireworks and were setting them off. All of a sudden, someone in the neighborhood starts setting off some shells that were way too big to be shot off in a neighborhood. Well, not long after..............

The flames were huge, one block over you could see the fire over the tops of all the houses and trees. Not much left. Morons should know better....... I guess you just can't fix being stupid.

Man, not much to celebrate there anymore.

Last year in Canada just before we moved, we celebrated July 1st and the next day driving through the sub division we can across a burned out van.

The owners left the windows open and some firework went inside the van and lit it off.
    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

I cant stand fireworks. no offense.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Even the professionals can have a bad day...4 dead...

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/5506069/

Originally posted by wolfdogs
        how bout the furr-butts? Our girl spent the evening curled up on my lap, head down, ears back...at least she wasn't shaking the way she did on new years, but the fireworks were farther away this time.

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
        '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
        Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

That's horrible. I can't understand why they legalized fireworks in my city. Most cities are becoming more strict and they legalized them here in my city.
          LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by bru333
            Even the professionals can have a bad day...4 dead...

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/5506069/

how bout the furr-butts? Our girl spent the evening curled up on my lap, head down, ears back...at least she wasn't shaking the way she did on new years, but the fireworks were farther away this time.
            had to put Reno in the basement, had to give Rocky 5mg of Valium prescribed by the vet, he drooled and shook... the wolfdog could care less....go figure. the goldens are supposed to be hunting dogs.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
            Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
            sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
              That's horrible. I can't understand why they legalized fireworks in my city. Most cities are becoming more strict and they legalized them here in my city.

Legality has some fine lines drawn within the rules. Little poop firecrackers, sparklers and the like are considered legal. Then there are some middle grade , scaled down versions of the large displays. Some places allow those, others don't. As soon as those shells were going off, I was stunned. There is no way those things should have been set off without a fire crew standing by.

We are lucky that we've had so much rain. If things were as dry as 2 months ago, the fire would have spread everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                Legality has some fine lines drawn within the rules. Little poop firecrackers, sparklers and the like are considered legal. Then there are some middle grade , scaled down versions of the large displays. Some places allow those, others don't. As soon as those shells were going off, I was stunned. There is no way those things should have been set off without a fire crew standing by.

We are lucky that we've had so much rain. If things were as dry as 2 months ago, the fire would have spread everywhere.
                We went from:
                [Snakes, sparklers and fountains not propelling illuminating materials higher than 6 feet]
                to:
                [Consumer Fireworks with a classification of 1.4G, except for rockets on a stick, missiles with fins or rudders for the purpose of achieving aerodynamic flight; and roman candles with or without spikes identified on a label by "candle" followed by "Warning shoots flaming balls"]

Comment

The stuff we were shooting off was less than legal, however, we were in an open area about an acre in size, hose at the ready. I'll post some pics in the next day or two.
                  SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                  SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                  17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                  Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

No problem.

I love them, always did. I prefer them from a fair distance though. I don't care much for lighting them off myself. I did it this time just for my kid and his friends. Burned my finger on the damned lighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                      No problem.

I love them, always did. I prefer them from a fair distance though. I don't care much for lighting them off myself. I did it this time just for my kid and his friends. Burned my finger on the damned lighter.
                      I can relate. I have a scar to show for playing with fireworks when I was a young teenager. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd degree burns. I was out playing with them the same evening. I like them that much. I was just a dumb kid and learned a valuable lesson the hard way.

Comment

had to put Reno in the basement, had to give Rocky 5mg of Valium prescribed by the vet, he drooled and shook... the wolfdog could care less....go figure. the goldens are supposed to be hunting dogs.
                        My girlfriend's boxer hides in the closet and trembles like nothing I've ever seen before. She won't budge if you try to draw her out. Not for all the dog biscuits in the world.

Her golden retriever doesn't even seem to notice them, though. In his case, I don't think it's due to bravery. More that he seems to have no idea what's going on. Then again, he's a little dim in comparison to most dogs.
                        Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
                        SOLD- Kinda miss it
                        94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
                        SOLD- Good riddance!
                        2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Working...
                        X