• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little fun with a new video camera

A pilot's view from a RC F-18 Hornet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMRrfXlo_Wc

That is too cool. Is that a ducted fan?
    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

That is cool stuff!

It looks like you live at the end of a real runway. Have you had encounters with real planes flying?
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

LOL...that was great!

hey..whats with the chain i saw hanging when you were staging the plane? got a new lady in your life? put a choker on ya? ahhahahahaa

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_in_Atl
          That is cool stuff!

It looks like you live at the end of a real runway. Have you had encounters with real planes flying?
          I hope not.

http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Gu...C?OpenDocument

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
          '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
          Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

Hey...what's all that green stuff between the houses, and why are they so far apart?

Oh wait...that's land. I'm from Jersey...we ain't got no land here in these parts...huh-huh.
            Al 96 Ram Air T/A
            Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

That was cool! Now I really want to start messing with some RC stuff haha.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
                That is too cool. Is that a ducted fan?
                Yeah man! All electric too. No more mess from fuel and exhaust, some can be relatively quiet. It's all been made possible by fairly recent advances in battery technology. I've got ducted fans that crank along at close to 140 mph with only a wingspan of 23". Scale speed is something like Mach 3. That one makes a high pitch scream that can be heard from a mile away. Then on the flip side are small ducted fans around 40mm that can power small 12" wingspan jets. It's become quite fun.

Originally posted by Jeff_in_Atl
                That is cool stuff!

Originally posted by bru333
                Once. It was by accident and the resulting knock on the door by the local Sheriff that lives in my neighborhood gave me a friendly reminder to stay out of their flight line. The airport and the Deputy are both aware of my flights and everything is just fine as long as I follow the flight ceiling rules and right of way. The wind was cranking up hard that day and literally blew my small airplane up into the flight line and a little too close to a light sport plane. it was completely by accident and even in that event, I saw the other plane coming and I dove for the dirt. All was well though. I couldn't fly at this close proximity to a "real" airport. This one is pretty darned remote, but..... at certain times it's busy, so I have to use proper judgement and at those times fly small things below treetop level.

Originally posted by wolfdogs
                LOL...that was great!

hey..whats with the chain i saw hanging when you were staging the plane? got a new lady in your life? put a choker on ya? ahhahahahaa

Ahhh.... muzzle it wolfmutt.

Ironically though, she did buy it for me. (the bracelet) That's something I would never buy for myself. She's such an opposite from my ex-wife. She would buy me stuff all the time, but the dough came from my checking account.

Comment

Working...
                X